The Final Act

A/N: Before this chapter begins, I just want to apologize for what may have been a long absence for some. I was doubting myself as a writer far too much.

This is the first chapter to give you a taste of what is to come so no Overwatch characters will die... yet.

Still far from perfect, but nothing a little constructive criticism can't help with! Enjoy!

"We are delighted to have you back, 47. I still can't believe you managed to take down Talon without much of our help. Anyways, onto more pressing matters. Since this is your first mission since your two-month long absence, your mission today will be lesser known among the rest of your assignments.

"Our client hired private investigator Sherry Hills—real name unknown—to spy on the wealthy magician Lovell Hawkins. However, he is now convinced that Lovell paid the private detective off, as she dug up his past. Blackmailed by the two, our client has nothing else to turn to and is willing to pay a generous fee to ensure his survival. So, kill Lovell and Sherry, and steal the files kept on the client. Good luck, 47, and welcome back."

...

Men and women wrapped in heavy clothing and scarves fought the invasive winter wind tooth and nail. But little did it help them, as a woman slid on the frozen ice, shrieking in shock. She fell on her underside at the end, dropping her purse, scattering its contents.

Grumbling, she moved carefully to go after the money first, which was starting to fly like the seeds of a dandelion. A man knelt down beside her and picked up the rest of everything else.

"Thank you," she said to the bald man.

"No problem. Do you know of Tobias Rieper?" he asked the woman.

Her eyes lit up in recognition. "Yes! Yes, here, let me..." she stammered, reaching into her purse.

The man raised his arm, a magic show ticket in his grasp.

'Oh,' she mouthed, walking away.

"47, Diana here. I see that you've met our agent there. Now you have access to the show, and the order of events should be taped on one side. When you're there, search for a laptop owned by Sherry Hills. Her profile suggests that she likes to keep information on technology. Our hackers are being pulled to other projects, so it's up to you to delete the info."

Agent 47 hiked to the location of the magic show, a large concert building in a densely populated area. On the way there, the hitman studied the schedule. First, the tricks would start off normal, then ramp up in danger level. A special guest knife-thrower is there, as well.

The night sky was dotted with falling snowflakes, covering the stars' visibility. Still, the large spotlights waving up into the air stabbed through the darkness and marked the location of his targets.

As Agent 47 drew closer, the volume of music and friendly banter between friends arose. Judging by the largely decorated walls of the building, with posters of Lovell Hawkins plastered every five or so meters, 47 had arrived.

Two officers acting as guards stood in front of the entrance, a line extending from inside to around the bend where 47 was. Obviously, he hadn't the time to wait.

Agent 47 searched the perimeter for possible entrances. A full investigation was limited, however, as behind the concert building was a cargo area. Laborers carried equipment through the snow, out of trucks, and into the building. Among them, 47 spotted a real guillotine and a spinning bullseye with straps on it.

No guards were stationed here, so 47 hopped over a railing and behind cover from the workers. The hitman used the heavy snow to his advantage, his winter suit also blending in with the night.