Ch 10

'My fathers daughter'

There was no recovering from the truth making its way to EZ. Now that he knew who I was it was only a matter of time before he learned I had alternator motives. We were both dead men walking. I stared down at my phone as his name lit up the screen for the tenth time. Again I sent him to voicemail unsure of how to explain myself. Unsure of how to keep my deal with Galindo now that who I was wasn't a secret.

"You okay baby?" Gemma asked handing me a fresh cup of tea. I stared down at the hot liquid letting the sweet peppermint aroma calm my nerves.

"The Mayan knows I'm involved with the sons," I mumbled. "Dads going to kill me. I had one job. One fucking job and of course I fucked it up." I grumbled cursing as I burned my tongue of the steaming beverage.

"Why am I going to kill you?" My fathers deep voice crept up behind me. I nervously turned to him not knowing how to tell him. "Jax told me about the Mayan knowing you're connected to us. It will be fine. I've contacted Galindo he says use this to our advantage. Romeo and Juliet star crossed lovers bullshit."

"Have you read that story?!" I questioned. "Because last time I checked they both die in the end."

"Do you really think I would put you in danger?!" My father growled. "Is that how little you think of me? That I would put my daughter in harms way for personal gain?!" His voice was dark as he pointed his finger in my face. I should have bit my tongue. I should have said no. But I didn't.

"Yes! That's what I think of you because it's happened before!" I fought back. "Or do you forget putting your seven year old daughter up for collateral?!" I didn't even flinch when his hand met my cheek. The slap silenced the room, but I stared at him unmoved. "I was never scared of the monsters under my bed because I lived with you!"

"I didn't realize I raised such a disrespectful bitch." He hissed.

"You didn't raise me Clay." I went to walk away but his hand gripped itself around my wrist. His fingernails pierced into my thin skin, but I was to numb to feel it. It would have gone unnoticed if I hadn't felt the droplets of blood hit my foot.

"That is enough!" Gemma boomed making my arm drop and Clay storm away. The chatter filled the room again as I stood there like a statue. "Baby are you okay?" She brushed my cheek and pulled my chin up so I was looking right at her.

"I've been worse." I croaked. I closed my eyes and tried to compose myself. I was beginning to realize my father didn't care if I  survived this. So I was going to do whatever it took to make sure I made it out alive.