Ch 19

'Goodbye always hurts'

Flashback
"Can I ask you something prospect?" I walked over to the young boy with the mow-hawk eyeing him slowly as she popped her gum. He nodded nervously waiting for me to talk. "Why are you hear why did you choose this?"

"What do you mean why did I choose this? Couldn't I ask you that to?" The boy shot back. I laughed at him before a smile danced on to my face making my features soften.

"I didn't get a choice. I was born into it. Only way a Morrow gets to leave is by a bullet. So if you really are choosing this life be smart kid...and stick by me I'll show you the ropes. Adelaide Morrow." I stuck out her hand for the boy to shake.

"Juice Ortiz."

"Well juice I think you and I will get on just fine."

~~

"A part of me is going to miss him Gem," I stood next to my step mother a few tears betraying both of us. "As horrible as he was. And despite all the bad things he did. He was my father, and that's the part I'll miss."

"I will to sweetie, but we are better off. He wasn't the man I fell in love with. That man left a very long time ago. Now let's go get you cleaned up while the boys deal with this. You've seen enough blood for a lifetime."

~~

"Do you recognize me now?" I sat on the edge of Juice's bed. "Because I'm not sure if I know who I am?" The words left my lips in a whisper. Everything felt numb. I should have died with my father, but instead someone shot him. We didn't ask who pulled the trigger. It didn't matter much. What matter was that Clay Morrow was dead. The club could return to what it was supposed to be. A family.

"You're Adelaide Morrow. The woman I've been in love with for years." Juice pulled me closer to him. "I only have one question for you now Adi. What now?"