one

The light from the end of the hallway cast a distorted shadow of her curvy figure on the floor. She hurried, her heels click-clacking on the cold, hard, stone floor.

She liked wearing heels, for she believed "the more the height, the more the intimidation".

Many people told her that wearing her favourite footwear may pose serious health problems for her in the future. But she also believed in "don't live in nostalgia in the present itself."

Her black-clad thick but strong legs screamed from the exhaustion of hours in gym. She wasn't thin as paper nor thick as the castle walls around her. She loved the way she felt- perfectly balanced- as all things should be.

Her nimble fingers, practiced in precision, twitched nervously. It wasn't very often that someone from such a high level ever summoned her. She only carried out her orders that she received discreetly.

The muscle fold in her chin gave her a naturally jutting chin, making her look proud without even trying. Sometimes, it was advantageous. Sometimes, it wasn't.

She stepped in the room, dim red lights gave it an eerie look. The vials on the wall shelf glowed peculiarly. On an extravagant chair sat a lady in the cloak.
She bowed slightly to her higher-up and waited.

"I admire your punctuality.." The lady in the cloak spoke "..ease." she commanded, and the nervous woman in front of her straightened, her eyes still trained on the floor.

"You're working so efficiently, so neatly, you could've been promoted within a week." The boss' voice reverberated in the woman.

"But you broke the most basic rules of witchcraft. You let a human see you." The boss thundered.

"It-it was a mistake madam. It won't happen again." The woman apologised.

"Of course it shouldn't, Soo Jin. It would be a shame to lose a sincere witch like you.
But protocol cannot be ignored. Your promotion is delayed. You are suspended from your duties for one week. Your next assignment will be sent after it. Utilise this time to reflect upon your mistake and how you may have avoided it." The boss ordered.

"Yes madam." Soo Jin bowed again, filled with relief. She gets to live!

"Dismissed." The boss waved her hand and Soo Jin quickly retreated back to the hallway she came from.