five

"Yes ma'am, I have secured the asset." Soo Jin reported to her senior.

"The what?" Her senior sounded confused.

"The Package? The Tool? The ... I mean that vampire ma'am!" Soo Jin replied.

"Oh. Just say 'the vampire' then, what's up with the codewords?! This is not some military thriller web series! This is serious matter!" Her senior reprimanded.

"Apologies, ma'am."

"Await further instructions. Till then, keep him hidden." With this, the senior signed off.

"Damn all those series and anime I watched during that break sure got to my head!" Soo jin winced. It was so unlike her.

She checked the clock. It was dinner time. Time to feed that vampire again.

∆∆∆

"Here's your dinner." The door opened and Jin saw that nice woman again who seemed to have amazing cooking skills.

"Wow! How do you manage to chop these vegetables so evenly?! This is 5-star restaurant class!!" He exclaimed when he saw the plate.

"Practice." She replied in her usual no-nonsense demeanor.

He pouted. He expected her to giggle and blush and say "thanks".

"Well, thank you for the food." He said, although with less cheerfulness.

"Here's another ice pack for your bruise." She set down an ice pack on that rickety dresser and turned to leave.

"Excuse me? It's..a bit embarassing thing to ask but...what is your name?" Jin asked cautiously.

She stopped and turned to him.
"Soo jin." She replied, and walked away.

He sweared he saw a small smile on her face for a fraction of second before she left the room. She didn't lock the door this time.

∆∆∆

"So! How's your assignment going?!" Ye Bin asked excitedly.

Soo jin smiled and said "Great!"

"So... If you have time, shall we go and check out this cool place that opened yesterday down the road?! I heard they got great fried chicken!" Ye Bin asked and held up her hand for a hi-5.

"Sure!!" Soo jin replied and gave her a hi-5. Except... instead, she ended up slapping the Last Known Vampire on Earth.

∆∆∆

"But she didn't ask MY name!" Jin thought and decided to go after her. He opened the door.

And received a slap from Soo jin.

Another girl stood their gawking too.

"What the hell.... why's everyone after my precious face...." He winced and fell.

∆∆∆

"Dammit! I forgot to lock the door!!" Screeched Soo jin. All of that trust building could go in vain with this unexpected jump in between a hi5!
Outrageous!

She picked him up and placed him on his bed again.

"Why?" He mumbled.

"Why what?" Soo jin asked. She was sure she said nothing about her assignment so he couldn't know about that. But maybe vampires have some power to hear people's min-

"Why did you spoil my face?!" Jin whimpered like a child.

"Oh. What? It wasn't my fault! You just barged out if that door like a raging bull and jumped in front of my friend! What were YOU thinking?!" She retorted, assured that she had an upper hand here.

"Well I just wanted to tell you my name..." He pouted again.

"Ok fine. Tell me your name!" Even though she knew it already, she didn't want to make him suspicious.

"Kim Seokjin, worldwide handsome!"  He flipped his hair.

She couldn't help but hold back her laugh. This vampire was kinda funny. Or maybe, everything she knew about vampires was wrong.