chapter 2

chapter 2 (edited)
JADE'S pov.

About a month ago my parents told me that we were going to be moving away. I'm glad they gave me a month to prepare and say goodbye to my friend because... this really sucks. I'm sitting here crying with my best friend Kyri as she helps me pack for tomorrow. I'm sad an moving and leaving Kyri, especially because we have been neighbors our whole lives and basically grew up as sisters. She's only four days older than me and it breaks my heart knowing that we won't be neighbors anymore.

    At the same time, I am sort of glad. I've always wanted to see other places. I've always wanted to see LA in particular. And now that we are moving from Minnesota to California it's kind of a dream come true. There's never really been much to do here because of all the snow we get and the fact that there isn't anything around me anyways. It's always been kind of... dull. This past month I've been looking up things to do in California and the possibilities are endless. There's Six Flags, Universal Studios, Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, the Hollywood sign, lots of beautiful hiking trails, and THE BEACH. I've never in my life been to the beach. Or any of those other places but I've always wanted to see the beach. And now I have the opportunity to go whenever I want because it's so close to the house my parents bought.

    Both of my parents are doctors and they found better jobs for them in California. I'm not mad that they brought this up so suddenly. I'm happy there will finally be fun, excitement, and change in my life. I love my life now but I know I need this change.

~

    I said my final goodbyes to my friends and my old house a few hours ago. Now that we are in the airport and about to board the plane, it occurs to me that I have never been on a plane before. It's kind of scary. Knowing that I will be thousands of miles high with nothing but the support of an airplane to keep me alive.

    As we're finding our seats I'm talking to myself trying not to freak out. I was fine until I started overthinking everything. I really hate myself sometimes.

~

We landed safely (thank god) and were in a moving truck arriving at the new house. As we pull up into the driveway I look up in awe at what I think is our new house. It's so nice. And so much bigger than our house in Minnesota. I haven't gotten out of the car yet but when I look to the right, I see a loud car driving down the street. I cant see anyone inside because the car has heavily tinted windows. I wonder if I'll ever meet that person. I wonder who my first new friend will be.

~

Boring chapter! I know, I know. But please bare with me here. Next chapter will also be in Jades pov. Thank you for reading! ❤️