chapter 10

chapter 10

(Saturday/the day after the test)
Jade's POV

Yesterday after school, Carter drove me home and on our way there we saw a carnival. It wasn't there before so we went to check it out. There was a sign in front of the gate that said that they'll open up tomorrow.

For some reason, they forced me into a group chat I read that Carter told everyone in the group about the carnival.

(Jade's phones pov)(lmao)

(Carter<3)- Jade and I stopped by a carnival and they open tomorrow. Do y'all wanna go?
(Jessie🙊)- yea i'm down :) what time tho?
(Carter<3)- we can go around 4:30pm and leave whenever. It closes at 1:00am tho.
(Jessie🙊)- mk I'll meet you at the entrance.
(Mason💕)- Yea that sound cool i'll bring Eli and Hunter too.

(3:30 the next day)
Jade's pov

Jessie and I are over at Carter's house and we still don't know what we are going to wear. Carter told us to bring 4-5 outfits to choose from but I only brought two. I don't see the point in bringing or even buying so many outfits and stressing about stuff like this. We're going to a carnival with our friends. The people we hang out with almost everyday. Why do I have to dress up? Either way... I still sort of dressed up a bit.

      "Ok Jade, it's your turn to change. Show us what you got." Jessie says.

I walk into the dressing room and change into my first outfit. The first outfit is a tight fit white long sleeve turtleneck tucked into a baby blue and orange plaid skirt. I paired it off with a pair of white vans. The only accessories I put on was a gold heart necklace. Time to step out and see what the girls think.

"Omg that's so cute" Jessie said.

"Yea it's cute, but I think we should see the other options" Carter said.

"I only brought two so the next one I put on will be the last. Okay?"

They nodded as I walked back into the closet and changed into my final outfit. I didn't want to wear a sweater so I used the same turtleneck long sleeve from the last outfit and put a yellow and white plaid tight dress over it. I put on my Channel bag just for my phone and debit card and a matching Channel pearl necklace. I also left on the white vans not wanting to put on any fancy shoes to leave the outfit somewhat casual.

       I stepped out of the closet for the girls to see and they were both on the bed facing the opposite way from me

"Guys?" I asked.

They both turned around and simultaneously gawked at me.

"Girl leave some for the rest of us" Jessie said.

"That's definitely the one" Carter commented.

"Okay then let's go!" I yelled excitedly.

~

We took about 20 minutes longer than expected but hey, if we are to be here by closing time we'll be here for a little over 8 hours. Me personally, I already know i'm going to be exhausted. I hope i'll last. Knowing myself, i'll end up eating so much cotton candy that i'll throw it right back out and someone will have to take me home early. I'll be definitely eating but i'll try to contain myself... just for tonight.

Carter, Jessie, and I are waiting for the guys in the parking lot. Soon enough they come and I run out of the car to greet them. I look over at Masons loud car and see that the other two aren't in there with him. I wonder where they could be. I hear two more door close behind me and not even five seconds later Carter and Jessie are standing behind me waiting as well.

      I look back at Mason's car cause I hear his loud engine turn off. He walks toward us looking different. He has a certain gleam in his eye when he looks down at me. I can never figure out what he's thinking.

      He wearing his normal outfit. He never really changes his style. He's wearing a slightly oversized black hoodie with the sleeves rolled up half way, plain black ripped jeans with a chain belt... that's new. As for shoes he's wearing Retro High OG "Chicago" Air Jordan's. That is also new. I normally just see him in a plain black leather belt and black classic Vans. I guess he did sort of dress up in a way.

      I realized I spaced out staring at his shoes when I feel a finger under my chin pushing my face up to his. After we're staring into each other's eyes, he lets go, steps back, smiles the sweetest smile and says "hi". "Hi Mason" I say in return. I know we aren't close but this feels like a good time to hug him. I walk closer to him and give him the warmest hug I can give him. He seems slightly shocked back almost instantly hugs me back. It seems like Mason isn't the type of person to give hugs, but if that's true, how is it that he is the best at giving them?

      "You look really nice today, Jade" he says.

      I think about ways to respond to that but the only thing that comes up is that classic response.

      "Do I not look nice every day?" l let go and give him puppy dog eyes but i'm laughing on the inside.

      "No! nono, that's not what I meant" he grabs my hands, "I meant you look good cause you dressed up but that doesn't mean you don't look beautiful everyday..." he stops his rambling and takes a second to think about what he just said. I turns his head away from me with the faintest blush on his face looking frustrated. He finally looks back at me and has already probably already noticed that my face is as red as a tomato. He smiles and finally greets Carter and Jessie. If i'm being honest I completely forgot they were here, or about the fact that i'm here living on Earth.

      "Hello people. Shall we go in?" I here a voice say behind Mason. Hunter and Eli pop up and begin walking towards the entrance of the amusement park. Well ok then. Here starts the night.

~

Aren't they just adorable?! 🥰🥺

This story was made for fun and for the sake of my sanity. I never expected it to go anywhere and for that, I thank you all. I still don't have an official writing schedule and i'm sorry about that. Thank you to all or you who still support this story. All of my love to all of you (especially the ones that vote 😳).

Word count: 1143