chapter 8

chapter 8

(Thursday After School)
Mason's POV.

      Eli, Hunter and I are in front of the school on our way to get some food and then head over to Jessie's house.

      I honestly don't see the need to buy them food too but Eli said It's the least we can do since the invited us to study with them. I'm not made of money asshole. They still think I like Jade but honestly I don't understand what they are looking at. I'm clearly not interested in women that way so what the fuck do they see? And I just met her. Hell, not even that, I don't know a single thing about her.

We just walked out of the sandwich shop and are headed to Jessie's house.

~

     Right now the six of us are are sitting in Jessie's living room. Eli and Hunter are sitting next to each other on one part of the couch. Jessie's and Carter are sitting together on the couch next to the boys and yep, you guessed it. They made me sit with Jade. I don't have a problem with it because she smells nice and looks nice. It's not like I don't know these things already cause I have all my classes with her. But she looks like she dressed up a little more today. I wonder why. They are all doing their work together while Jade and I are sitting in silence. We finished our part of the work together. Instead of doing 2 groups of three, we decided to have one big group of 6. We hardly talked at all. Only when she had a questions about the project. I also find psychology easy. Most of my classes cone really simple to me. I've never had trouble in school other than the fights and all.

      It has now been about a half hour waiting here in silence waiting for them to finish. Since there are not of us in one group it will be easier to finish the work.

    I'm slowly getting more and more impatient as the time passes but Jade on the other hand looks to be getting even more tired as the time passes. She yawns and rests her head on my bicep because she isn't tall enough to reach my shoulders. The second I feel her on me, I tense up. And so does my friend downstairs. Shit. Slowly, I try to calm down and relax so she can be more comfortable. After I relax I feel more relaxed than I have ever felt in a long time. What is this feeling?

      I lean my head back on the couch waiting for the other to finish when suddenly I hear a camera. I look over and see everyone but Eli with their cameras up pointed towards Jade and I. I look down to Jade and see that's she's fast asleep. I flip them all off and then texted Hunter to send me the picture.

~

About an hour later I felt Jade and I getting woken up. Best nap ever. It would be weird to talk about the amazing dream I had but... use your imagination. We finished an hour before we thought we would finish and we are headed to our cars to get something to eat.

We decided to get Shakey''s. A pizza place around out area. Jade said she had never been there so Hunter thought we should take her. We take a booth and order. We decided we would split the bill. Jade sits in the corner next to the other two girls. I'm sitting across from Jade, Eli across Jessie, and Hunter across from Carter. The four of them seem to be in a conversation about their classes while Jade and I are sitting quietly. Is it just me or does it seem that we get excluded a lot? No? Just me? Ok. Jade suddenly looks up at me looking like she has something to say.

"Yes?" I ask.

"I-um-I" she says.

"Do you have anything to say?" I say a bit harsher her than I intended it to sound.

She looks down at her shoes and frown at what I said. FUCK! Why the hell does this always happen.

"Hey i'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound so rude. I'm just not used to trying to be nice." I explain.

"It's ok" she said. She's very quiet. I don't think she comfortable around me yet.

"But did you have anything to say?" I asked.

"I was wondering ummm... Can you... tutor me? It's just that i'm not the best at psychology and you seemed to help me so well when we were working on the project together. It's okay if you don't want to but-." She rambles before I cut her off.

"Whoah, whoah, whoa. Slow down, breath. I have no issue helping you out. J-Just give you number so we can plan something, but until we officially plan it how is every Wednesday and Friday sound?" I said.

Did I just Fucking stutter? What the hell is wrong with me. I can feel myself blush when she goes to pull out her phone. She's about to be the only girl next to my mom in my contact list. We exchange contact information and when she gives mine back I laugh. She put 'Jade 💕' as her contact name. I pull her phone back from her hand and put the same emoji next to my name. When I give it back she giggles. I wanted to put a picture for her contact to I pull my camera real quick and tell her to smile.

"What?! No!" she laughs while covering her face with her hands.

"What? Come on"

"Fine" she laughed.

She sticks her tongue out and makes crazy eyes. I laugh harder than I have in a while. I set it as her contact picture and look up to see the whole table looking at me. The four of them with confusion and Jade with... i'm not sure. Adoration?

"Did we just hear Mason laugh?!" the boys said sarcastically.

"Shut up" I said chuckling.

"Ohh There he goes again. Well someone's in a good mood." Hunter says.

"Whatever" I answer.

"Hey Eli can you send me a funny picture of Mason so I can make it my contact picture? Please?" I hear Jade ask.

"Of course. I have a shit ton of them so go through my camera roll and pick one." Eli says while passing his phone to Jade.

She finally finishes looking for a picture and sends it to herself. For some reason it bothers me that Eli has her number but I don't want to say anything to make this tense so I keep my mouth shut. She settled with a picture where I have noodles hanging out of my mouth. I don't know why she choose that one or why Eli has it but oh well. This girl actually seems like a good person to be around. I guess trying to be friends wouldn't hurt.

~

Fin. Nah jk. Ummm I had an emergency in the family so. Yea. I'll still update for sure but just be patient please. Love you lots 💕.

Word count: 1209