~Ch.6: In Search of the Puffer Whale~

"Good day! This is Tina, your reporter for Gourmet TV!" Tina, now dressed in outdoor attire, narrates her filming. "I am now at the entrance to the cave which contains the Puffer Whale spawning grounds."

Behind the female newscaster is a menacing looking cave entrance, with numerous amounts of Bishokuyas entering it.

"Only 0.1% of people who enter escape alive, so they say." Tina continues informing her viewers. "But Gourmet Hunters are venturing inside to try to capture a Puffer Whale, each with a market value of 500 million!" She turns back around to face the camera. "According to the IGO's announcement, there is a beach where the Puffer Whale spawns far inside the cave's entrance here, connected to the deep ocean." She holds up a diagram that looks like a kindergartner's crayon drawing depicting the caverns innumerable maze-like caves and tunnels.

" She holds up a diagram that looks like a kindergartner's crayon drawing depicting the caverns innumerable maze-like caves and tunnels

  "It's impossible to reach the beach from 1000 meters underwater, so the only way is to make your way through the maze-like cave. . ."

Out of nowhere, her balloon pigeon, Kuruppo, sticks its head through the diagram.

"Kuruppo! I'm filming here!" Tina scolds her beloved partner.

The balloon pigeon begins to caw, nudging its head to a handful of familiar figures approaching the cave's entrance.

"Toriko! (First Name)!" She exclaims. "I knew the both of you would come!" She stops short when she notices the new addition to their group. "Coco, one of the Four Heavenly Kings!" She then aims her camcorder at the Gentleman of the Heavenly Kings. "Toriko, (First Name), and Coco side by side. . .This is one super-sized scoop!"

"Will you please stop." Coco asks of Tina politely, yet sternly. The newscaster is taken aback by the sudden request. "Sorry. . .I don't really like being filmed." Coco explains.

🍒Aw~ He's shy~🍒 Macaronia coos softly from (First Name)'s shoulder.

To defuse the awkward tension, Komatsu decides to speak up.

"Tina-san. . .Are you filming on your own again?"

Tina nods in confirmation, turning to stare at the Gourmet Hunters entering the cave entrance. "Yeah. . .It's a once-a-decade, heaping bowl of a chance! But my staff is all scared and wouldn't come."

"It's definitely a tense situation here. . ." Komatsu agrees.

"You sure got guts, Tina." (First Name) chimes in.

"They're probably a bunch of people planning on stealing the Puffer Whales that Gourmet Hunters catch." Toriko comments, noting the men casually resting at the cave's rocky entrance.

🍡Lazy bastards🍡 Gumimin growls. 🍡Can't do a thing for themselves, so they have to live off of other's hard work🍡