~Ch.18: Sunny's Sensors~

"W-What are those?" Komatsu shrieks.

Rock Drum (Crustacean Beast)

Capture Level 27

"Rock Drum." Tina answers.

Since the creatures arrival the animals grazing in the black grass meadow now scatter away. And with good reason.

The three beasts are gigantic bipedal creatures with a pale white and rocky exoskeleton shell covering the entirety of their bodies. They have a very masculine humanoid appearance, giving them a resemblance to a golem. Their bodies seems quite muscular with the outer shell forming what appears to be large pectorals and abs on the torso. They have a round neck-less head with a large humanoid nose, angry-looking black eyes with red pupils and a large mouth which appears to lack teeth. They also have massive forearms and shoulders, and somewhat short legs.

"Their original habitat was the coast, but in search of an even greater amount of food, these beasts have evolved into land dwellers!" The newscaster elaborates. "They're fearsome creatures that cause devastating damage while hunting prey!"

🍈Well, she's certainly well informed.🍈 Melorina remarks.

"It's part of my job." Tina respond proudly.

The Rock Drums roar loudly, which in turn causes Kuruppo to inflate in terror.

"Although this is the first time I've actually seen one!" She admits.

"I-It's going to eat us!" Komatsu shouts.

"Everyone, stand back!" (First Name) flexes her knuckles.

"Sunny, back us up!" Toriko asks of the other Heavenly King.

"Don't want to." He replies like a child.

"Hey!"

"It's a pain."

Rin stares blankly at her brother. "Whether it's a pain is neither here nor there."

"If you don't get your sorry, colorful butt over here and fight these things with us this second, I'M GONNA SHOW YOU THE TRUE MEANING OF PAIN!"

(First Name)'s threat does nothing to deter Sunny. "Frankly, they're not a creature I would choose to eat. With the way they live, they've lost all beauty!" He replies giving the beasts a once over. "With the way they look, I have zero interest in fighting them!"

"But their meat is a delicacy! They're worth defeating!" Toriko argues.

"Are they nutritious?" Sunny retorts. "If not, then there's zero point in beating them."

"Then let's split the difference and call it 50!" Toriko tries again.

"Toriko-san, (First Name)-nee, they're coming!" Komatsu shouts.