Chapter 4: Palace

"Why am I even alive?"

I was all by myself in the orphanage. Everyone was taken but me.

It was said that the orphanage would be burned down, so they took everyone away. But they forgot me.

"Am I just meant to be forgotten?"

I sat on the windowsill, void of any emotions. Even if nobody was here, I couldn't show any weaknesses.

I am just going to die alone. It's just like what they said. I'll die all by myself. Nobody is going to ever care for me.

As I closed my eyes to fall asleep, the door opened with a loud noise. I jumped at the noise.

"Is everything cleared?"

"I believed so, boss."

"Good"

I tried not making a single noise, but he seemed to notice me.

"Who is this little girl?"

I stared at him in horror. What is he going to do with me?

"Ria"

"Aria!"

I woke up and saw my brother.

"Aria, we're here."

I looked out the window and saw a beautiful castle. I stared in awe. When did we arrive?

The door opened and my brother went down. The maid with us grabbed me and held me, since I was still only one.

We went to the garden. It had a little pond with a gazebo in the middle. There was a swing set and even a giant maze.

Even though I created this world, I didn't think that it would be this amazing. I did imagine this, but it was better than my imagination.

I went to the pond, and when I say I went I mean I had the maid carry me. The little fish were coming up to the surface to see me.

They were saying all sorts of things. It was pretty weird for me to understand them. I made the maid let me down, and I crouched down and played with the fish.

Suddenly I felt a presence. I turned around and saw my brother walking towards me.

"Aria, you shouldn't stay so close to the water. What if you fell?"

I just giggled and raised my arms at him, motioning that I wanted to be carried.

He made a maid come carry me instead, because of how small he was. I knew he didn't like that he was small.

I liked being carried. It made me feel lazy.

We went to the gazebo in the middle of the garden. If I had one word to describe it, my word would be beautiful. But I would say that about the whole garden.

I loved everything about it. Before I knew it, tea was being served. There were also cookies. I knew the palace cookies were the best, so like the kid I was I reached for the cookies.

Then when I finally got my hand to reach where the cookie was, it got pulled away. I was so furious.

I glared at the hand pulling away the cookies from me. I looked at who it was, and of course it was Chris.

I pouted and crossed my arms.

"Aria, you know you shouldn't eat a lot of sweets."

"Big brother, I didn't eat any sweets yet. Can I PLEASE have a cookie." I said while blinking my eyes a few times.

He gave in and gave me one cookie. I smiled my victorious smile and happily munched on my cookie.

I felt someone staring at us from another direction, it was the prince. I smiled at him and went back at eating the cookie, then he whispered something to Chris.

"Chris, you gave in to your sister very easily. You know that she was trying to make it hard for you to not say no?"

Chris sighed and responded with, "I know, but I can't say no when it's her birthday."

I glared at them, and they knew that I heard them clearly.

He would've still given me the cookie even if it wasn't my birthday.