Chapter 6

"Wow. You actually found out his name?", Jawn asked in shocked.

"Yup. He's name is Awsten and guess what it's only the first week so by the end of the month I'm sure he'll be wrapped around my finger.", I laughed

We were currently in my basement playing video games. Of course I was winning, but Jawn kept wanting to play. It wasn't until Jawn paused the game. 

"Are you sure you want to go through with this?", he asked in concern looking at me. 

"What do you mean Jawn? This was your idea."

"Well yeah, but the way you described him as being soft and quiet I just - I just don't want him to get hurt y'know?", Jawn said.

"So you want to call it off? Rocha, this was your idea and not only that, but by saying that it implies that you do think I will get him in my bed so therefore I win."

"I never said that. I just said if he does, he'll get hurt."

"Well only one thing can prove that. I'm not stopping. I'm doing this guy a favor. I'm not backing out of this."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Awsten.", I say meeting him at his locker.

He jumped slamming it shut. 

"Woah, did I scare you?", I laughed. 

He just stood there. 

"Anyways, did you want to hang out after school? We could go to a park or the mall.", I asked looking at him in his eyes. From the second he told me his name, I realized eye contact was very important to him. 

"Uh, the park sounds good.", he replied softly and quickly looked down. 

I smiled. I'm not gonna lie, his voice was so soft, it was cute. He would always look down after he said something. He didn't speak a lot, but when he did, it was the cutest thing ever. 

"Cool, meet me under the bleachers, yeah? I can drive us."

He just nodded and the bell rang meaning we had to get to class. He gave me a nod and went the opposite direction I had to go in. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awsten was already under the bleachers when I was making my way over. I smiled at the sight. He was sitting under the bleachers with his knees bent up and his arms wrapped around them holding them close to his chest looking in the distance. 

"Hey Awsten.", I said as I approached him. 

He looked up at me and nodded. 

I sat down in front of him mimicking the way he was sitting. "You ready to go?"

He stayed silent contempleting what to say.

"Why are so persistent in talking to me?"

I was taken back by that question. I didn't know how to answer it. The real answer was to win a bet, but I made something up on the spot. 

"I don't know. You just seemed interesting? If that makes sense. I just wanna get to know you.", I lied looking into his eyes. 

It's a good thing I'm a good liar because if not he would have seen right through me. 

He nodded and stood up. I followed suit remembering why I was hanging out with him in the first place. 

"Let's go, princess."