Chapter 13

"I need to talk to you."

"Oh sorry? Do you hear something?", Jawn responded rolling up his window. We were currently outside the school in the parking lot. 

"I'm serious, Rocha. Please. I need to talk to you. I may have gotten feelings for someone who shall not be named."

Jawn stopped what he was doing and gave me a knowingly look to which I just nodded. 

"Get in."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jawn drove us to his house and pushed me into his room.

"You have what?!", he exclaimed when he shut his door.

"I may have gotten feelings for Awsten.", I say slowly sitting down on the corner of my bed. I knew Jawn would be freaking out, but I didn't think he would freaking out like this. 

"What?! How?! When?! You never get feelings for anyone!", Jawn kept questioning and I swear if he kept talking his head was going to explode. 

"Why do you think I'm so scared?! We were at the carnival last night and he was so scared, but soft and he smiled and his smile could brighten the whole town, I'm telling you and he was so sweet and he - "

"Okay, dude I get it jeez", Jawn laughed. "You need to offically call off this bet.", he gave me a serious look to which I rolled my eyes to.

"Why do you think I'm here doofus. The deal is offically off, I swear." Jawn is smart, but sometimes he overlooks a lot of things like right now.

"Good.", he says sitting down on the chair against the wall, "Now tell me about this kid."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awsten's P.O.V.

"Otto, I'm telling you he's perfect. He kept me safe the whole night and held me close and - "

"Aws, calm down. You sound like you wanna marry the guy", Otto laughed into the phone. 

"Shut up! It's just really special to me, okay? I never felt this way about a guy before. I think I might have my first boyfriend." I felt all soft and happy and all things positive. I never felt like this towards anyone and the thought of having my first boyfriend makes my heart happy. 

"And who thought he was a jerk at the beginning who only wanted to play with your feelings.", I could hear Otto's smirk from the other line. "Shut up!", I blushed. 

"I'm just happy he wasn't playing me and actually wanted to be my friend.", I say thinking back to the first time we met under the tree. 

"Told ya so! Anyways I gotta go, but like update me lover boy!", Otto teased. I rolled my eyes and hung up the phone. 

I can't believe this is actually happening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

"Hey Awsten. You look adorable today.", Geoff greeted me at my locker. I looked down at my outfit and I was just wearing a pastel pink sweater with my black jeans and vans.  

"Why? I'm just wearing a sweater.", I say putting my books away. 

"A sweater that you look adorable in.", Geoff laughed and took my books from my hands placing them in my locker. 

"You wanna go to the park?" 

The park has easily become one of our hang out places so I honestly didn't expect anything else. 

"Do you even have to ask.", I laugh and nod closing my locker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"One swirl for you.", Geoff says handing me a swirl ice cream and sitting down on the swing next to me. 

"Thank you.", I say and start munching on my ice cream. 

Once we finished we took turns pushing each other on the swings and somehow ended up laying on the grass watching the sunset. I was curled against Geoff's chest playing with my hands while he had one arm around me holding me close and the other was picking at the grass.

"I really like hanging out with you, Awsten.", Geoff says taking me out of a daze. 

"I really like hanging out with you too, Geoff." It was true I really did enjoy hanging out with him. he made me feel safe and secure. I didn't think I would have any friends at this new school, but he came along and technically kinda forced me to talk to him by following me around, but that meant the world to me. Someone actually wanted to get to know me and it wasn't just for a pity type thing. 

Just then Geoff slowly started to bring his face closer to mine. "Tell me if you want me to stop, Aws.", he brought he face close to mine making my heart beat fast. "Can I kiss you?", Geoff asked making me have a million thoughts in my head, but I knew one thing for sure. I nodded. 

His lips slowly met mine and I closed my eyes feeling the new sensation. I've never kissed anyone before and this is exactly like I pictured it. Fireworks were going off in my stomach and I couldn't think of anything except for how much I loved the feeling of Geoff's lips on mine.  

Geoff reached for my hand and I gladly let him take it. He squeezed my hand and slowly pulled back. 

Once we parted, we looked at each other. Eyes staring back at one another. We both smiled and Geoff brought me closer. 

"I'm so happy I met you Awsten Knight."