Chapter 12

5 more days left.

And to make things even better,I was hanging out with Awsten again today. 

Fuck. 

I just couldn't say no! God, I hate myself. 

I was sitting in my car when Awsten started making his way towards me walking around so he could get in the passenger seat.

"Hey Geoff! Where are we going today?", Awsten asked excitedly. Ever since the other day he opened up, he has been showing a lot more emotion and has been smiling way more which is also the reason I couldn't say no to him. 

"We could go to the carnival? Tickets are only $3 each.", I say getting the car ready. 

"I don't have cash though. I might have some in my locker! Did you want me to go get -", he quickly started opening up the door to get out when I stopped him.

"It's okay Aws. I can pay for you.", I say not even realizing the nickname. 

He sat back on the seat. "Aws?", he questioned. 

I was confused until my eyes widened just noticing what happened. I quickly opened my mouth to apologize, but Awsten cut me off. 

"No, it's fine. It's just only Otto calls me that so I was a little off gaurd.", he laughed and buckled up his seat belt.

Otto. I don't know why, but hearing that name made my skin hot and my head hurt. I brushed it off and started making our way to the carnival. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Did you want to go on the ferris wheel, Awsten?", I called him by his full name because I did not want him to think of his ex - boyfriend when I was around. That would be weird and also just thinking about that other guy made me uneasy. 

"Um yeah I think I'll pass on that one.", he nervously laughed and kept walking forward. 

"Wait a minute.", I stopped in my tracks, "Are you scared of the ferris wheel?", I laughed. "Dude, it's fine. C'mon I'll be right there with you. It's not even that scary. Do it or I'll make you like I made you get on the swing."

"Fine. But if I fall off just know you were the reason for my death.", he threatened making me laugh. I grabbed his hand leading us to the line and just our luck we were the next ones on. I looked over at Awsten and saw him shaking. "Hey, you'll be fine I promise. If you get scared just hold onto me, okay?", he nodded. 

We got on our designated carrier and once the ride started he quickly started messing with his hands. 

Our lift started swaying and Awsten quickly held on my hand squeezing it. I was taken back and held him close. "You're fine Aws. You're okay.", I said as we reached the top. 

Once we reached the top, the ride stopped so we could see the view and Awsten was still holding my hand, but this time I could see his smile. 

The smile that could light this whole town. 

It made my heart flutter seeing how happy he was. Once our carrier started moving again he fell back into me and I couldn't stop the smile that was spreading on my face when he looked me in the eyes. 

Nor could I stop my heart beat speeding up when I saw his smile.