Before the Entrance Exam

The entrance exam to get into UA was soon. UA was the best school to go to if you wanted to be a pro hero. It was basically your only shot to have a chance to be one.

I sat in my desk, quietly chatting to a few people around me. Class started and the teacher began talking about the entrance exams to UA. A few kids showed off their quirks while I sat, embarrassed. Luckily, the teacher didn’t single me out. “ Izuku. You want into UA too, right? “ The teacher’s voice boomed, stopping the rest of the students from talking. The timid, plain-looking boy nodded hesitantly, and Kacchan stood up, making his way to Izuku’s desk. He started to challenge, and scream at the timid boy; a cocky smirk on his face. The boy was sitting, pressed up against the wall now, terrified. “ Kacchan! That’s enough. “ I shouted, making my friend stop in his tracks. “ This isn’t about you, (Y/N). It’s about Deku here, trying to take my spot at UA. He’s a quirkless loser. “ His voice says, narrowing his eyes at the one he called Deku. "I don’t have a quirk either, Kacchan. You’ve never made fun of me." I replied, walking over to him and standing in front of Deku. Kacchan’s fire quirk sputtered out of his hand, ready to attack. At the last moment, he lunged towards Deku, shoving me out of the way. I quickly got back in my place, Kacchan burning me from the middle of my lower arm to my shoulder and a bit of my face. I whimpered, looking up at the blonde, my (E/C) eyes shinning brightly.

Kacchan looked at me, his eyes widened. "(Y)-(Y/N)…I-I’m so-" He started. I was struck with fear, my arm and face throbbing. I was about to cry, but everyone was watching so I didn’t. Instead, I turned around, helping Deku up. "Y-You know, Izuku. I like Deku. It sounds heroic, plus it’s kind of cute!" I replied, smiling though I wanted to scream. I followed in my dad's footsteps; he was always smiling. The slightly taller boy, with messy green hair blushes a bit, still glancing at my burnt uniform, and my arm. "Deku it is!" He squeaked, which made me smile more. “ I’m (Y/N) (L/N). But you can call me (Nickname), if you’d like." He nodded. "I-Is your arm okay? Kacchan got you pretty good." Deku says weakly, looking past me, staring at an embarrassed Kacchan. "Backugo, detention after school." The teacher says which makes Kacchan groan. He plumed back in his seat, glaring at Deku. Deku walked me to the nurse’s office, me still in shock, and limping slightly. I whimpered again. The nurse wrapped my arm with a bandage and did a few bandaids on my face.