Training

For the rest of the school week, I went through classes like normal. We had many exams with our quirks, which I almost failed. Friday night, my father asked if I wanted to go to the beach in the morning with him and Deku to train. I accepted, not having anything to do. Kacchan had texted me later that night, asking if I wanted to hang out with him the next day. I also accepted, and was glad it was after training.

The next day, I woke up and wore a tank top and shorts. All Might took me to the beach, and I saw Deku already there. I yawned, 'It's too early for this..' I thought, then got a good look at the plain-looking, messy green haired boy. ‘God, Deku looked awesome..’ I thought, starting to melt into a goofy grin. I quickly caught myself, before All Might and Deku caught me and made my way over behind my father. "Good morning young Midorya!" All Might’s cheery voice chirped. Deku says 'good morning' as well. We all started to train.

I told All Might about what happened the other day,  still convinced that Todoroki did it. He tried to help me do my ‘quirk’ again, but it didn’t work. "I don’t have a quirk dad.." I muttered, looking down. "The other day, when it activated, you were scared right?" Deku asked, and I nodded slowly. "Maybe if we put you in the same environment, it could work!" I sighed, nodding. "But that wasn't me Deku!" "We can still try, (Nickname)." I sigh softly, then nod. After a bit, All Might had volunteered to scare me. Deku was behind me, just like the other day. He didn't scare me. 

I tried to activate it, but it didn’t work. I groaned, filling with defeat, but I kept trying. I grew angry, and that was when the partly cloudy dawn became a rainy, thundering mass. I screamed, upset that I couldn’t use the quirk I didn’t have. I continued yelling, as my heart sank. I didn’t notice the weather’s change. Deku had put a hand on my shoulder, he was drenched. I looked at the sky, now knowing that I did something. I broken out into a smile, also drenched from my power. I squealed, and hugged Deku tightly. It became sunny. I broke away from the hug, giggling happily. I spun and danced around. "You have a quirk!" Deku squealed, hugging me and spinning me around.

After training, I went home, took a shower and got ready to hang out with Kacchan. He soon arrived at my house. I walked out, my father catching a glance of him. "Good morning Kacchan!" I chimed, smiling. He looked at me, then glanced off. I still had the bandages, but newer ones. We started to walk around town before he spotted a few of his friends. I recognized a few from homeroom and waved. He walked over, telling me to wait a moment. They talked for a bit, goofing off. "We can catch up later. Go back to your little girlfriend." Kirishima cooed, making Kacchan fire up his quirk, almost burning him. He looked back at me, then stopped. He walked over, shooting his friends a glare and we continued walking. I shivered. Kacchan noticed this, and draped his jacket around me. I blushed softly, both warming me up. "Thanks Kacchan!" I chimed. "Whatever.." He had mumbled. He shoved his hands in his pockets.

Kacchan looked forward, as he walked. I'm pretty sure he forgot that I was there. He had his classic, ‘talk-to-me-and-I’ll-kill-you’ look. We walked in almost complete silence, until I started talking and asking him questions. He groans softly, turned my head and kissed me again. "Shut up." He mumbles, his face a light pink. I squeaked, and continued walking in silence. He was very cocky and confident all the time. He knew that he had a powerful quirk, and I guess he thought it made him more powerful and better than everyone else. Me on the other hand, I didn’t even know if I had a quirk. The weather could have been a coincidence, and the ice, fire and wind could have been someone else, aka Todoroki, or icy-hot. I spotted Deku, and smiled at him. He waves then saw Kacchan. He gulped, turning a bit pale. Kacchan noticed him, glaring at Deku. They obviously hated each other, but I’m not sure why. Kacchan started walking towards Deku, growling. I grabbed his wrist, pulling him back with all of my strength. "Kacchan! Leave him alone!" I begged, pulling on his wrist. 

He ignored me. I yelped, him shoving me off. "You’re mine, Deku." He growled, smirking as he ran towards the messy haired boy, since Deku had started to run away. Deku gulped, and I ran after Kacchan. I grabbed him, my arms around his stomach, trying to pull him away. I yelped, he had burnt me again. A flash of lightning ran through the sky. It began to rain heavily again, the rain soothing my burn. Kacchan groaned, glaring at me. "Thanks a lot, (Y/N)." Deku had ran away, and I was glad he did. "Kacchan, I know you hate him, but you can’t kill him. He knows you’re more powerful than him, you don’t have to hurt him to prove it." I said, looking up at the hot head. He groaned, shaking it off. It soon became sunny again, the radiant heat beating down on our backs. Both of us were soaked, I shivered again. He grabbed my hand, which made me blush. "Kacchan!-" I started, cutting me off instead of him. He looks down at me, still with that same cold expression. His crimson eyes shimmered. I looked up at him, my heart pounding. 

"(Y/N)." He mumbled, his voice still strong. "Do you ever stop talking?" He asked, annoyed with me. "Well, yes. I wasn’t talking when you were, but on the way here it was a bit awkward and.." Kacchan had tilted my head up, stopping me from talking again. "I…filled..it.." I said softly. My face was a bit redder. He slunk his arms around my waist, gently kissing me. I squeaked, a bit surprised that the kiss was tender, instead of hard. My eyes were widened, but I quickly shut them. He soon pulled away, leaving me a flustered mess. "Well, at least I know one way to shut you up." He smirked, me yelling and hitting him. He placed a hand on my forehead, holding me back as I swung and didn't hit him now. He continued doing this until he got bored and held my wrists, calming me down. I liked this non-cocky part of him.