The Entrance

Y/N perspective
The warm blood made its way down the bridge of my nose, passing slowly over my lips and into my mouth. Raising my only working arm, I felt the fresh wound that had appeared above my left brow. Not too deep, short and stingy. I could live through it. Mustering all the strength in my body, I clutched onto the half-broken wall to give me the head start. I couldn't stop now as this was my battle and there was no way in hell that I was going to give up now.

Many years before...

The day the incident happened began as normal. It was a Tuesday that had started off slowly as per usual. My life at this point had been pretty mediocre. I had managed to weave my way through school reaching the grades my parents and I had wanted, I entrusted my social group as anyone else would have. But then as I left that door, my once normal life changed and to this day I wonder if it had all been planned out before me.

Picking up my school bag, I placed it over my shoulders, feeling the usual slack from all the textbooks and equipment. Heading out onto the street I noticed the brief flash of something to my left. Quickly glancing over, a bus rushed past obscuring my vision and preventing me from seeing what was behind it. As if it was one of those action movies, the usual bustling crowd of secondary school students appeared after the bus was gone making it near impossible to find out about the flash. Odd...maybe that was just someone taking a photo.

Checking the time, my eyes widened with realization as I remembered the final deadline for my coursework being this morning. Rushing through the crowds, I clambered around pushing my way through. Ohhh god not today of all days PLEASE not today.

Time Skip

The coursework had been handed in...and on time in fact. The rest of the day went through as normal, classes leading on from one to another until that final ring brought the end of the school day. Walking through the main gate to the school, I looked around for my parents who were nowhere to be seen...odd.
"Y/N"
Turning around the world suddenly snapped and I was placed into a dream-like state, with the entire setting before me turning into an endless street with nothing but grass fields beside it. There was no sound to be heard and the entire colourisation of everything in an ominous grey and black made a cold shiver run down my spine. Turning around once again I saw another silhouette, this time of a man. Who is that?
"Fascinatingggggg", it hissed. "You truly are something to admire...Y/N"
"Who are you? W-what is this? W-w-where am I?"
"Don't YOU worry...boyyy"
And then I felt the cold sensation grow over my entire body as I collapsed onto the city cold grey tarmac

Author's notes and questions:
Hey all. First time writing so thought it'd be a good place to ask a few questions. Initially I wanted to make this a story where a new type of magician is found in the form of you. You don't require a wand and instead take a unique fighting style. But I'm curious as to whether that's alright. Would that be alright or would you want a normal wizard? And what year would you like me to start this in?
And of course...have a good one everyone