Your New DAtDA Teacher

Climbing the final few steps, I finally caught a view of the library's entrance helpfully marked out by the lack of people around it. Finding my way into it, the rows of bookcases instantly towered over me making my task just that bit easier. Where could she be? Thinking about her reaction at the bookstore, I presumed that this was a great place to start my search and as I walked past the first few isles filled with mostly students in the older years doing last minute homework and study, I found just the person I was looking for. Well, I say I found what I was looking for but what I actually saw was a small figure completely shielded by their own miniature tower of texts. Taking the seat next to them and gently tapping the spine of 'Year With The Yeti by Gildroy Lockhart', a small brunette head popped out around the Lockhart stack with a look of mixed curiosity and annoyance. This look changed upon realizing that I had ACTUALLY come to explain what she had been eager to find out for many weeks and the pile was shifted towards the wooden bookcase giving me a nice opening to have a face to face conversation.

"Lockhart ey? Seems like someone's a fan," I mockingly said hoping to get a reaction from the usually cool and collected Hermione.

"I...it's nothing more than a bit of curiosity. He's just...just an incredible adventurer...with a dreamy...way of describing things. Besides, you aren't even here to ask me questions so let me get my list out," the flustered girl said reaching a hand into her bag rumbling around with what sounded like even more books and equipment. "Okay...1"

"Woh woh woh you wrote a list? I can't believe you're that curious about me. Am I that interesting? Maybe I need to rate myself more hi-"

"ONE! Ahem...what did Dumbledore mean by a different kind of wizard?"

"Well, I only just found out myself but basically imagine the Human Torch but only on my hands. No? Ghost Rider? Ok, how about the one person from Merlin?"

Once again there was no reaction from the girls face as I added my more logical reference to the list. I mean why don't I just show her; snapping my fingers together causing the small flames to appear once again also causing a look of surprise to appear on Hermione's face as she grabs ahold of my hand staring intently at my powers. Taking one of her hands of mine, she stuck a finger out cautiously moving it into the flame with a new found experiment. Upon entry into the fire, there was a quiet "Ouch" and then a sudden withdrawal. 

"Jesus are you alright?! What did you think was gonna happen you numbskull?" I grill taking her fingers as to make sure they weren't badly burnt. Thankfully the burns had been minimal and only what seemed like the top layer had been taken off. "Well you're going to be alright but it's going to be stingy for a while. You might want to get some ice or water just to soothe it temporarily," I say letting go of her hand and looking back at her finally realizing the slightly shocked and embarrassed look.

"I-I'll be fine. It's not too bad anyway. If anything I'm more shocked about your skill. You don't need a wand and you have this natural ability to set parts of you alight with no damage. This completely changes how the ministry would outlook magic. No, the world! I'll have to think about this later," Hermione said excitedly scribbling down some notes onto a fresh piece of parchment. "Now number two, where were you last year?"

"Well you see, long story short, I went to a normal school for a while but my parents who were both muggles got caught up in an airplane accident on the way back from New Zealand meaning that the school had no set location to send the letter to since I was always on the move. However, it seems something happened to me and Hagrid found me causing me to be brought back to the Weasley's house upon Dumbledore's request. That also explains why I was with them before school started and got to know both Ron and Harry pretty well having spent more than a few hours each day just discussing things."