Lessons and Lessons and Lessons

Dawn came through the window awakening me from my slumber. Looking around the room blurry-eyed, I noticed the lack of enthusiasm from the rest of the boys on the first proper day of school. Feeling a slight sympathy for all of them, I managed to withhold myself from waking the others. Walking over to Harry, I let him know that I would be away for a while and that I would not see him till the first lesson at the latest due to my meeting with the headmaster. Putting on my new Gryffindor colored uniform, I made my way down the steps into the common room which was still slightly dark from the gradually disappearing night-time shadows. Taking a deep whiff of the air, the smell of freshly burnt embers hit my nostrils which in itself warmed me ever so slightly. Much like the Weasley's home, this place had a homely feel to it which I was very grateful for due to the absence of a genuine home. Placing my newly-dated bag over my left shoulder, I made my way out of the safe haven and into the corridors of which I had only remembered certain pathways and locations. Thankfully, the trip to the head's office was an easy one with the only trouble coming from the pesky ghosts tempting me to go off in the wrong direction. Waiting outside of the humongous statue like structure, the thoughts from last night returned before being interrupted by the appearance of Professor McGonagall. 
"Good morning Y/N, you're early. At least you've taken to be more like Miss Granger rather than Mr. Potter or Mr. Weasley." Hmm, that's potentially a story for another time although I'm sure it's hilarious considering it was those two involved. Once again my thoughts were interrupted, this time by the sudden crackling twist of the gargoyle behind me causing me to jump around in fear. As the gargoyle rotated upwards, it brought a flight of stairs along with it enabling both myself and the Professor to climb up into the circular room filled with wonderous artifacts and magical items all adding to the amazing atmosphere of the room. Looking to the right, my attention was caught by the bright red bird perched silently, inspecting me and holding eye contact. Approaching it, my body moved on its own outstretching its arm to allow the bird to nuzzle it with its beak. 

"Ahem...Y/N. Please do not touch things in the headmaster's office without asking first," McGonagall sternly said doing her duties as a teacher.

"Oh it's nothing, Minerva, leave the boy be. The bird loves the attention and besides, it seems to have a certain fondness of him. What do you reckon that could mean Juri?" the older man said from his platform above us to another woman who had been in here prior to our arrival. Looking up to her as she approached the balcony, I put a face to the name. Her eyes were slightly wrinkled around the edges and yet not scarred showing signs of middle age and yet something about her face radiated experience of someone hundreds of years old. Smiling, she made her way down the steps alongside the headmaster and stuck her hand out for a more formal introduction.

"You must be Y/N. It is truly a pleasure to meet you. I'm Juri Kuno but you're going to have to call me Professor Kuno during school hours." Although her English was clear and well pronounced, her native accent came through and coupled with her looks, it was natural to presume that she had an oriental background. Giving her hand a much firmer shake than I was expecting, the head led us to his desk at which he took a seat indicating for me to sit opposite. Taking a deep breath, I waited for the lecture to begin.

"Now I can understand all of this being a bit too much for you Y/N but I do hope you understand that we've never had someone like you here before hence the introduction to a new teacher specifically. I'm sure she'll tell you more in good time but Professor Kuno here is only going to be teaching you due to your unique skill set and her lessons will replace some of those that your classmates would be taking since you don't have a wand. Now...regarding studies. As unfortunate as it is, Professor McGonagall has some information regarding time tables and...I hate to say it...extra lessons."

Oh great. I was expecting this but still, the news was tragic to hear and the thought of being one on one with each and every teacher for a long time was daunting. Gathering myself, I turned to look towards the bearer of bad news, Professor McGonagall.