Muggle Kombat

Just in advance, this is a pretty boring chapter for all I know. You can probably skip it and still know what's good but feel free to read it
Thursday morning came before you knew it and I awoke with a sharp pang in my left shoulder similar to that of when I first awoke properly in this world. Although I had noticed the scar on my left arm, I hadn't had much thought about it until now. Stepping out of the shower with my towel wrapped around my waist, I gently brushed my finger tips over the grooves in my skin feeling the shape it made up and remembering what it had looked like when I first saw it. Maybe I ought to ask someone about it. It wasn't a familiar symbol but there had to be some correlation with my past life, my first vision or my ability now. Dressing myself up in my fresh uniform for the day, I entered back into the common room finding Neville sitting there with a book on Herbology of sorts. 

"Morning mate. Mind if I borrow some parchment and ink really quickly?" I inquired thinking that the best way to ask around about it was to draw it out instead of draw attention to the actual scar on my body. Neville kindly assisted by taking a fresh sheet out and giving me his quill to draw with before focusing back on his book.  He was a quiet boy as I'm sure we all knew and from the sounds of it, he always appeared in the wrong place at the wrong time but you had to love the guy. Drawing the circular like structure with the black ink, I found myself satisfied with my artistic representation of the mark and handed the equipment back to the owner. "Actually Neville? This symbol wouldn't happen to be familiar to you would it?"

"Ummm...not really. I think I've seen similar stuff in history books but I've no clue as to what it specifically means. Why?"

"Well I've just been seeing it a lot recently and I thought it might mean something significant. Just curiosity I guess," I smiled.

Folding the art into a smaller package, I placed it deep in my trouser pocket just in case there was someone I felt might know something i.e. Hermione. From the looks of it, the majority of people had gone for breakfast and Neville seemed to be more occupied with magical plants than food so I left for the feast of the morning. I felt like I would need it for my first double period. 

The usual gang sat in the middle of the Gryffindor table chatting and eating with the latter being mostly done by Ron. The morning greeting was exchanged as per normal and I found myself next to Harry facing a happy Ron and a disgusted Hermione.

"Everything alright Hermione? You seem put off by something...wouldn't be because I'm here would it?" I mockingly teased again. I do this way too much to her but it's just funny to see her reaction every now and then. Somehow she can learn next year's syllabus in a day but can't learn when I'm recycling jokes each day.

"What no! I'm not annoyed at you or Harry. Some people just won't stop eating," she says looking back down at her book with a horrifying aura. Yeah she won't be one to mess with when she's older.

"What d'you mean annoyed at you? She won't shut up about your "fiery fingers" and non-wand magic," Ron said not quite knowing the wrath of the girl next to him. Taking another bite out of the toast he had, a massive book came flying down onto his head before being dragged back up and brought back down. "Ow ow OW! What the bloody hell was that for?!" he yelled looking at the annoyed girl next to him shielding himself from the potential onslaught of attacks. 

"I am not OBSESSED. I'm simply mildly interested in the discovery of a new type of magic," Hermione huffed once again placing the book back down onto the table. My god was she terrifying in her state of anger and from the looks of it, Harry also knew this. Taking a few pieces of toast with me, I stood back up thinking of a way to break up this conversation.

"Hey Hermione, how about you walk with me to the common room before first period and ask me any more of those questions you wanted to know?"

Time Skip to First and Second Period