(The Last of) Us Mudbloods

A week had gone by since our last incident with our esteemed professor of the dark arts and since then, not much had happened that would surprise you. I had once again gotten to know Neville more than ever and both Ron and Harry remained very close to me...actually I remained close to them if anything. The other Gryffindor boys were alright but it seemed that the curiosity around who I was and what I could do meant that many didn't feel comfortable around me. That said, I had begun to speak to the girl who I had saved that one time and after her many thanks, Lavender begun to sit with me during the lunchtimes in the library. Although I originally planned to spend this time with Hermione, I could never quite find her amidst all the books and such. This had also meant that me and Hermione had not gotten any closer and normally I wouldn't have been bothered by this but she was so close with Harry and Ron that  I felt it was necessary to get to know her. In regards to training with Kuno, she had really amped-up the training with nearly zero rest between sets and the amount of reps increasing drastically since the start of the new week. That said, this morning I had broken my first statue and although I was immensely proud with my  progress, it was instantly replaced by another exact replica. The training was extremely intense and each day I woke up with a new pain in my body, but I just couldn't feel any benefits. The only thing that became any easier was the swimming as my body became adjusted to the cold water more quickly and my stroke improving that bit each day. At this moment, I found myself going to sit with both Ron and Hermione in a nice little courtyard waiting for my first viewing of the very hyped quidditch. 

"'Ello 'ello 'ello," I said taking my place next to the young brunette sitting on the small cobble wall. "There's the missing girl I'm always trying to find. You trying to avoid me or something?" I asked jokingly teasing her whilst silently spudding Ron behind her. "I guess I'm just not smart enough."

"What?! No it's not that you're not smart enough and I'm not trying to avoid you either. I've been meaning to ask you more questions but I just thought that maybe you wouldn't like my constant questioning all the time," Hermione replied in her defense hoping to prevent me from getting the wrong idea. "Ron and Harry have ALSO made me extremely busy with all the work they need me checking and catching up due to quidditch practice," she said turning her head to glare viciously at Ron.

"Hey don't blame me for your bad time management," the ginger said with his mouth half full of sweets. The sight of red and gold uniforms caused us to turn to the corridor but was instantly matched with the addition of the green uniforms to the scene. "Oh no. I smell trouble."

Gathering our belongings, we approached hoping to catch any gossip or drama and hopefully prevent it. Catching onto the end of the conversation, we heard the Gryffindor captain mention something about a new Slytherin seeker. Amidst the ranks of green, a blonde boy stood forth presenting himself to everyone as the new addition to the rival house. Malfoy.

"Wohhhh those are Nimbus 2001s. How did you get those?!" Ron said amazed at what must have been a new model of a very similar looking broomstick.

"You see Weasley," the blonde said in response, "unlike some, my father can afford the best." Wow that was unneeded wasn't it. Then again this was Malfoy we were talking about who coincidentally also wasn't needed at this school.

Before I could interrupt and hopefully settle down the rout waiting to happen, Hermione interjected with her own taut. "At least no-one had to buy their way in for Gryffindor, they got in on pure talent," she fairly said bringing all Malfoy's attention to her. This was going to get bad...real quick. 

"No-one asked for your opinion...filthy mudblood," the boy spat. Wait what did he just call her? A mudblood? What's that then? She wasn't exactly dirt...in fact she was extremely clean and her hair smelled of...nope I never sniffed nothing ok? Ok.

Before I knew it, there was a blast from beside us causing Ron to go flying back and straight onto the floor. Running to his side, I perched his body up a bit and asked "what happened? Did your spell backfire? Ah god you don't look good mate. Come on let's get him to Hagrid. He'll know what to do," I suggested as a slug was vomited out of the sick boy's mouth. Picking him up and giving him to Harry for support, I followed behind the others before stopping beside Malfoy. "You and me aren't close. We won't be. Ever. But one thing I can make sure of is that one day bud, one day you'll have to have someone watch your back constantly to make sure I'm not there waiting," I say trying to come up with something that would frighten a teenager. Staring directly into my eyes, his mouth couldn't form words knowing that he didn't know what kind of powers I had nor what I would be capable of in the future. Hurrying away from the group of sneering Slytherins, I caught up to the group placing one arm around Ron for support. 

"Jesus mate your shoulder's become *vomit* become firm," Ron smiled at me with his now paper white face. "Training is paying off *vomit* I guess." 

Taking a seat next to Ron, Hagrid returned with his specialist equipment, in this case, a bucket. "Who was Ron tryna curse anyway?" Hagrid asked trying to catch up on the latest drama at school. 

"Malfoy," Harry replied removing his arm from around Ron. "He called Hermione...I don't know what exactly it means."

The rustle from the seat beside me alerted me to the standing up of Hermione. "He called me a mudblood," she said looking out the window with her face turned away from all of us.

"He did not."

"It means dirty bloody," the now visibly teary-eyed girl explained. "It refers to a wizard or witch who has been born by Muggle parents or non-wizarding parents. It's not exactly something you would typically hear in normal conversation."

"Dirty blood...ya see there are some wizards who think they are better than everyone else simply because they are pure bloods," Hagrid explained in further detail. "I tell you wha', there is no wizard alive today who isn't at least half muggle. More so there ain't no spell that they can find that Hermione can't do," the scruffy man said taking Hermione's hands into her own. "Don't think on it for one minute. Don't you think on it for one minute."

Once the vomiting had subsided, the two boys left ahead of us with Ron still feeling slightly queasy and Harry doing his best to make sure he was alright. Leaving a few steps behind them was myself and a still melancholy Hermione. Thanking Hagrid for all his support today, I proceeded to try my best to use my jokiness to cheer her up. "You know, I'm a muggleborn as well. Ain't no traces of magic in my family...at least that I know of so...I guess we could be mudbloods together if you want. Always fancied getting a bit dirty every now and then," I said smiling down at the girl next to me.

Letting out a slight laugh, she turned to look at me on our approach up to the castle saying "you and your silly jokes. You know being a mudblood isn't a good thing right?"

"Hey who said it couldn't be. Mudblood gang! No? Look all I'm saying is you got more brains then anyone else our age and I've got them fiery fingers so we're pretty freakin unique. Cmon don't look at it as a bad thing just cause it's presumed to be that."

Shaking her head with a smile, she moved the slight bit closer to me as we climbed the steep hill. Hopefully this was a sign that she finally accepted me as a friend and that I was officially part of the gang.

A/N: Hey all, sorry for inconsistency but hey! Two chapters in one day whaaaa?! Hope you enjoy as I'm really enjoying writing now and hopefully I'll keep this up. Any suggestions and feedback is appreciated and until the next chapter, I'll see you in a bizzle