Harry Potter vs. Love (Pt. 2)

A dozen Death Eaters and I sat in Grimmauld Place's dining room. Kreacher had long ago cleared our plates, though tea and a few desserts still lingered. Against my protests, Bellatrix had spooned pudding onto my plate.

"It's good for you!" she crooned.

I raised an eyebrow. "Vanilla pudding is good for me."

Bellatrix's eyes darted about the table. "Yes."

Frowning, I turned away from her. "Lucius, any progress on our plans to break into Hogwarts and kidnap Harry Potter?"

"Yes, my lord, but I fear it will be difficult. According to my sources in Hogwarts –"

"You mean your son?" Sirius asked, earning a cuff on the back of the head from Severus.

"My. Sources. In. Hogwarts," Lucius ground out, "have informed me that Potter spends most of his time invisible and only periodically attends classes."

"He's never in Defense," Severus drawled.

I nodded. "And the break-in?"

"We've acquired a Vanishing Cabinet that has a twin in the Room of Requirement. However, it seems to be broken, and my son –"

"Sucks at magic?" Sirius said.

"In this instance, I have to agree," Severus said. "It's a wonder he's passing Defense."

"Yes, yes, you're the new DADA professor at Hogwarts," I snapped. "We're aware."

"Things are progressing well under the circumstances, my lor…oh, Trelawney," Lucius ended sourly.

Having wandered down from her floor, Trelawney watched us in silent horror. She looked like she might faint. This would be a poor decision, mind you, because the only person in a position to catch her was Bellatrix.

I smiled at the seer. "Would you like to join us?"

Trelawney shook her head, though the motion was slight enough that she may have simply been trembling. "There are thirteen of you at the table. The first of you to rise shall also be the first to die."

"But, if you join us, then there will be fourteen people at the table, and we'll all be fine."

Trelawney blinked. "Oh. Yes. I suppose that might work. Truly, fate has favored us this evening."

She shakily settled into an empty chair. I, of course, immediately darted out of mine. "HA! I've escaped."

Trelawney moaned, collapsing atop the table. Bellatrix seemed similarly upset. "But, my lord, you haven't eaten your pudding."

"I don't want the pudding," I declared.

She picked up the bowl, a maniacal look in her eye, and tried to grab my robes. Failing that, she said, "But, my lord, I made it just for you. It's really good. I love you!"

I fled the room, Bellatrix not far behind.

Slughorn surveyed the class, chins trembling in excitement. "Ah, very good. It looks like everyone's here today. We'll be brewing Amortentia. Is anyone familiar with it?"

Hermione's hand shot into the air. Slughorn chortled. "Miss Granger, reaching for the sky as usual, I see."

"Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in existence. It's identified by its mother-of-pearl sheen, smells differently to every person, and causes a strong infatuation in the drinker," Hermione said.

"Very good, Miss Granger. Been reading your textbook, I see," Slughorn said. "Mr. Potter, you had something to add?"

"I refuse to brew this potion," I said. The classroom filled with murmurs.