7: The love harbour

7: The love harbour

"Arnav sir, Arnav ji ....your coffee! Arre baap re, hai Bhagwaan!"

Khushi clashed onto Arnav's hard chest. She had been running around the office to give Arnav his mug of coffee, without letting it turn cold. It was lunchtime and  all the staff had crowded the passage ways.

Arnav gasped harshly, clenching his eyes shut. He hissed as the caffeinated dark liquid stung across his chest. His white shirt turned wet and brown, the whole office went quite expecting an outburst.

"You! Illiterate! Gawaar! How dare you!" shrieked Sonia, AR 's contract model. She continued to hurl abuses at Khushi but Khushi cared less. She was busy wiping the dark brown stains from his crisp white shirt with the end of her dupatta while continuously muttering uncountable apologies.

"You stay away from him!" Sonia shouted in her shrill voice dragging her away from Arnav, making her clash against his office reclining chair.

"Ooh Arnie baby, oh my poor, is this burning a lot?" Sonia asked in her fake accent while wiping his blazer with an aromatic tissue paper from the box. This  seemed like a good opportunity to earn his attention.

Khushi stared at Sonia blankly, she was saying the truth. She, a Nakoshi, doesn't have the status, the class, the persona to even be in 1 km radius around ASR. He enjoys the company of classy beautiful, modern women of the high society, like this model here.

Khushi observed Sonia from head to bottom. Her face as bright as the moon, perfectly contoured at every cut and bulge. Her shoulder length hair looked so silky black with golden highlights. Her eyebrows well marked, her cheeks without any trace of hair or spots leave alone pimples. Her nose long and pointed as perfect as it could be. She had such a slim body with not one layer of fat out of place covered by a blue one shoulder one piece which reached upto her lower thighs, glamorously showing off her long legs and her 6 inch heels. She looked as if she had come out of some fashion magazine. Oh! She is a model, that explains it.

Khushi then forwarded her scrutinizing gaze on herself. She hadn't washed her hair since two days explaining her slightly oily hair. She had small spots on her face along with markings of miniscule facial hair. Her hands and legs had been waxed weeks ago for the photoshoot. Now, she had a jungle on her hands and legs, in her words. She had so many lumps of fat around her waist. Moreover how much ever her in laws had tried she hadn't turned even a tone fairer than her dusky skin tone. She was so imperfect, so flawed. She too was like the moon, scarred, she sighed.

"Sonia!" Arnav said, irritated, moving away from her. "Khushi are you fine? Have you gone mad, Sonia? She did it by mistake, why did you push her?" he looked at Sonia with anger as he moved towards Khushi and helped her get up.

"You are fine, right?"he said concernedly making her look at him in awe. He shouted on that million dollar girl for her unkempt self. And that day she knew, she had started harbouring great feelings for him - of respect, of care, of admiration, of veneration ...of love?

Oh god! She had fallen for Arnav Singh Raizada. She realized as she looked towards him in awe of how much he cared for her.

Stop Nakusha! She revoked herself...You are not even worthy of his shiny black shoes, don't dare to dream of him.

****************

One month had passed since the realisation of love and care for each other had crept into their respective minds, making their daily functioning disrupted as they felt the dire need of each others presence whenever away and when together they seemed dazed into each other's eyes.

Lavanya had started noticing this and had realized Khushi's love looking at her changed ways of talking and approaching Arnav.

Anjali on the other hand, didn't fail to notice how dazed her I don't give a damn about any girl son seemed these days and she was sure he was in love. He was just like his father, having a difficulty expressing that love.

One night, she saw her son had slept while working on his laptop only. She went towards him and smiled. He yet looked like her little five year old baby.

Mera Baccha. She ran her hand through his hair and kissed his forehead.

"Uff! Yeh aur iska kaam!" she exclaimed to herself, pulling him away from his laptop, allowing him to sleep comfortably, leaning on the recliner. She extended the laptop screen to shut it down when Khushi's photo from the bridal photoshoot popped on the screen.

"Wow!" Anjali exclaimed, looking at how breathlessly beautiful Khushi looked in the photo.

No wonder Arnav looked so lost these days, he must have fallen for her at once. And she knew that Khushi indeed was a very beautiful girl. Completely worthy of being her daughter in law...at last a bahu!

Haan, her English is improper and her dressing style is worse than middle class, but at last a girl! All she needs is a bit of grooming, she shall be apt then.

She shall definitely go tomorrow itself to propose this alliance to Khushi after confirming Khushi's liking for her son.

Oh! She had never been so happy in her life ever before.

**********

Agnisakshi (Under Editing)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें