16: One Kiss

16: One Kiss

After one month and lots of meetings;

"Lavanya ji! It shall get burnt! Turn off the gas! Hai Bhagwaan!" Khushi screamed as she saw the flames coming out of the pan.

"Oh shit! This got burnt, Khushi! What do I do now? I should have never challenged Arnav and Aman that I know how to cook! Look at all the mess I have made!"Lavanya rubbed her hand on her forehead.

"Arre Lavanya ji! Some of this paste has got smeared on your forehead."Khushi said as she came forward with a cloth to wipe Lavanya's forehead.

"Thanks Khushi but what do I do now? Both of them shall be here in an hour. Why did you invite Arnav? He is going to make fun of me even when we are on our deathbed. Aman won't even complaint, that poor guy. Arnav thinks that he is a..." Lavanya spoke frustrated.

"A lard governor?" Khushi suggested making Lavanya laugh.

"What is that?"

"That is how villagers used to refer to the arrogant English lord governors. There was a guy in our village who had come to visit his parents after so many years from the United Kingdom. He had settled there with his wife. He was asking for mineral water to wash his hands and was referring to cucumber as Zucchini in the local market. My friends started calling him Angrez Lard Governor after that."

"Oh Arnav is a Lard governor for sure, he speaks Hindi worse than me. We are hindibhashi s for name sake! " Lavanya laughed.

"I am surprised you could even pronounce that." Khushi laughed. "Don't worry about the food, Lavanya ji. I will make it, you can say you did."Khushi smiled as she started clearing the mess Lavanya had made.

"But..."

"You just tell me what to make."Khushi smiled.

"I had promised to make a Risotto..."

"What is that?"

"It is like rice in a mild broth..."

"Let's make something else instead. How about that Pasta we had tried last month?"Khushi suggested.

******************

The bell rang making Lavanya shiver at her place. She was going to be made fun of for eternity.

"Hi!" She said nervously with as Khushi opened that door.

"Hi!" Aman shyly said adjusting his spectacles.

"Come in, Aman ji."Khushi smiled and guided him inside.

"Where is ASR? I thought you guys are coming together." Lavanya asked.

"He ..." Aman was about to answer when the bell rung. Khushi assured Lavanya that she shall open the door as Lavanya led Aman to the hall.

"Hi Khushi ..."Arnav said huskily as Khushi opened the door for him.

"Hello Arnav ji!"Khushi smiled slightly.

"I have brought something for you ..."Arnav came near to her.

"Huh? What?" Khushi looked towards him.

"Won't you invite me inside your house Khushi?"Arnav looked directly in her eyes making Khushi blush.

"Oh yes, come in please. I am sorry."

"No, I am sorry."Arnav said as he offered Khushi a bunch of roses, making Khushi blush. "I am late, right?"

"You sure are, ASR!"Lavanya went near him and hugged him.

"Good evening Sir." Aman greeted Arnav.

Agnisakshi (Under Editing)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें