Chapter 2

*Seth's P.O.V*

"Well it's clear what she is you dumb fucks, she's a mermaid," Jacob shouted frustrated.

We were all at Sam's discussing what to do. I couldn't believe what happened. I had imprinted. She was beautiful. But there was an issue. She was Jake's sister.

"I uh. Guys? I think I imprinted," I smiled widely looking at Jacob to see him glaring.

"Let's put this straight. If you hurt her I'll castrate you and then kill you," Jacob took a step forward.

We all froze as a knock at the door alerted us of someone's presence. Emily went to the door and opened it. We were all silent as we waited for whoever it was to leave.

"Hi, you must be Jacob's sister Alyssa," my heart raced and I smiled happily at the mention of my imprint.

"Yeah, it's nice to meet you. Is Jake here?" A voice who I'm assuming to be Alyssa's spoke.

"Right this way," Emily walked in with Alyssa behind her.

She was wearing a yellow raincoat that ended by her knees and yellow rubber wellies ending just below her knees. Her hands were in her pockets and her hood was up, however to me, she was still beautiful.

"We know what you are," Paul blurted with a glare rudely.

"And what's that?" She returned the glare.

"A fish, and don't lie 'cause we saw it," Paul seethed.

"Who said I was gonna lie? I was coming to explain actually," she rolled her eyes.

"Then explain scampi," he growled.

"Shut up and I will asshole," she crossed her arms. "Firstly, I'm not a fish, I'm a mermaid. Secondly, this 'scampi' can do stuff I don't think you can," she unfolded her arms, looking between each one of us.

"Oh yeah? Like what?" Paul challenged folding his arms.

She narrowed her eyes, before taking a small water bottle from her pocket. She walked to the small coffee table and sat on her knees moving everything aside. She unscrewed the lid and tilted it a bit, nearly pouring it.

"May I?" She looked at Emily, earning a nod from her in return.

Pouring on the water on the table, she put the bottle down and quickly moved her hand making all the water rise up and form a wolf. Using her other hand she froze it and it dropped into her hand.

"How did you do that?" Sam asked, as she melted it and put it back in the bottle, screwing the lid on.

She shrugged her shoulders, and moved everything back into position on the table.

"I never asked for this life. I barely know what I am myself. All I know is that ten seconds after touching water I have a tail, and that I have to be dry not to. I guess my powers came with the package."

"How did you become a mermaid?" He asked.

"Who can swim?" She smirked before gesturing out the door.

---------------------------

*Alyssa's P.O.V*

How did I get myself into this mess? At least I'll get my own answers after. I shrugged my jacket off and my wellies and set them on a rock by the cliff. I had a black shirt on with black leggings.

"Can you guys see well underwater?" I asked, my eyes flickering between them all.

"Crystal clear," Jared smiled.

The only person who wasn't accepting what I was, was Paul. Sam was mainly curious, and everyone else had accepted it.

"Then get swimming," I looked around before jumping off the cliff.

I landed in the water and swam up just as my tail appeared. All the others landed and stared at my tail. I rolled my eyes playfully before my eyes landed on Seth. Something about him called to me, yet I couldn't figure out what. I looked away.

"Follow me," I swam under quickly splashing them with my tail before fully going under.

I looked back seeing them behind me and swam to the cliff side and to the cave. My hair flowed behind me and I was struggling to move the boulder I put in front of it. I swam up for air and saw them all coming up too.

"There is a boulder in front of the opening, I can't move it," I explained.

"I'll help!" Seth smiled enthusiastically.

I smiles in return and we dove back under. I couldn't help the butterflies that erupted in my stomach when he spoke. We moved the boulder and he swam in. The others followed as I came in last.

"So your telling me you just swam on in and poof there's a tail. Yeah right," Paul rolled his eyes as they all stood on the ledge as I stayed in the water.

"First of all dumbass, this didn't exactly come with a manual. Second of all, why the hell would I lie?" I glared.

He kept silent as I continued to glare at him.

"Exactly. Now you can return the favour by starting with what the hell you did to my brother," I glared.