Chapter 27

Chapter 27

"What was that?" Grayson asked me once we got back to Daryl's tent. I had no words to give him. So I ignored him going over to my bag, pulling out a tiny box he knew to well. "Luce, what are you doing with that pack of cigarettes?"

'Smoking one, what else?" I asked putting it in-between my lips, "you want one?" I asked looking for any type of flame. I was caught by surprise when he ripped it from my lips.

"What the fuck?" I cursed glaring at him as he also swiped the pack from me. I sat down on the warm ground, blood still fresh on my hands.

"What are you thinking? You're the one who took these from me, what is going through your head?" He asked but I didn't answer, my glare was now turned towards the ground. "Well?"

"I was going to kill her," I said softly like it finally settling into my brain. I really wasn't going to stop till she was dead. I pondeder this as I tried to wipe the blood from my hands onto the grass.

"Yes you were," he confermed, "that's why I stopped you." He told me taking a seat next to me, taking hold of my hand, even with it covered in blood.

"Why?" I asked him quietly, hoping maybe he didn't hear me. I was scared of his answer.

"Why what?"

"After everything has happened, you stopped me. This whole time you could have been stopping me from doing something stupid... But you didn't. You were more worried about making friends then protecting me, I protected you all this time and when I needed you, you weren't there," I told him with slight anger in my voice. I wasn't completely pissed at him for everything, by now I was over it. But it still hurt.

"I-i-"

"That's right, you didn't notice, you have been stuck so far up Glenn's ass that I just disappeared," I said keeping eye contact with him, even though it was hard. The sadness in his eyes was almost enough to make me look away. He also stared into my eyes but didn't breathe a word. I was the one who finally tore my eyes away looking back at the ground.

After a while he turn around and walked away, "go ahead, walk away! That's what you do best! If you hadn't made me walk away mom would still be alive!" I hiss out of anger. He froze right where he was.

"How dare you, you know that's a lie!" He growled not looking at me.

"No!" I screamed, "you didn't try! You just left her there with him and the walkers! If you would have helped me she could still be alive! You killed her!" I saw him physical flinch at my words, I was hurting him but he brought this on himself. Neither of us breathed a word for what felt like an eternity but he spoke breaking the silence.

"If I hadn't gotten you out when I did we would have all four died. I miss mom every day, even more when I look at you. I've been avoiding you because you look just like her Lucy. Everytime I look at you I also see her, and it hurts me so much that I left her. So thanks for all the reminders." That's when he finally walked away from me, leaving me feel more like shit than I had this whole time.

He wasn't wrong. I was like mom's little twin since I was born but that was still no excuse for ignoring my existence.