secrets

Dawn

"Hey we didn't get to talk much this time around you know" Kenny said.

As the last day here at the shared island we princesses had to spend the day with 'our' princes.

All I wanted to do was to tell paul I was fawn and that's how I gained my strength. I was able to protect him because of well him.

I wonder how he'll react to it though. Maybe Paul will be happy to now be able to train with the real dawn as herself.

That made me smile and Kenny laughed thinking I smiled at his joke. His words were going through one ear and coming out through the other to me.

"Dawn can you believe it in 2 years time we'll be married and the firsts set of king and queen who dies in our family we'll take over that kingdom" that's how princes were raised to think.

Get married and conquer. No emotion.

It wasn't their fault their such pricks. Well maybe a little their own fault.

"Sounds great" I said with a bored look.

"Hey So my kingdoms annual ball is coming up you bring a knight to protect you in case of anything and spend the night with you beloved prince" every year his kingdom held this ball.

The kingdom of coal minings galore. It has always been in competition with the Hoenn region but now that region has no competition left leaving them to be number one.

But his ball is known as the it place to be. Every princess and prince wanted to be there. Every year though the main prince Kenny and the main guest of his me would never be there.

I would always decline and Kenny would be there alone to his own party!

"I'll think about it" he should know that was my nice way of saying no.

"Really dawn think about it" he said getting up from the grass.

He then picked a lily from the ground of the garden and placed it in my hair. I hated when he tried to do nice things like this. He just did them to get me to change how I feel.

My whole life though I've only wanted to be with Paul.

...

I laid back in my bed waiting for Paul. Finally we were on the ship home and Paul said he would sneak into my room and we could finally catch up after today.

My mind was racing on what to talk about the most important being to confess about fawn.

Minutes felt like hours but finally I heard my door creak open.

Gleefully I got up running to him almost tripping over my long nightgown until finally I jumped into his arms.

How long I've waited to be able to do this.

"Glad to see you missed me" he said holding onto me tightly.

He walked over to the bed laying me down and he then laid next to me.

"I've never imagined actually being able to be this close to you" I said playing with his hair.

I couldn't get enough of all this.

"Well I'll make it all up for you for every day I kept you waiting I'll make it up" he said then pressing a soft kiss to my lips.

"Paul before anything I have something important to tell you" I said sitting up.

He furrowed a brow also sitting up.

"Go on" he said.

"Well you know how all of a sudden I was able to defeat the dragon and have all this strength well it wasn't on my own" I began.