Frenemy Part 3

A few hours later, Stiles and I were walking through the trees again, we had to go home to change clothes and do some homework because Jackson could not be the reason I was gonna fail high school. Oh no, I'll come up with another reason for that. And he better not complain because we bought him food. Stiles opened to van with the keys he had also stolen (wow starting to sound like a real criminal there) he opened the door and let me get in first. A nice criminal I must say. I sat across the metal bench and waited for Stiles to also climb in. He handed me to bag and was about to say something but Jackson suddenly jolted in his seat. 'Let me go! Now!' He yelled at us, luckily he was handcuffed so the only thing he could do was scream. Stiles glared at him as I started opening the bag. 'You know I put those pants on you, alright buddy? One leg at the time, all up close and personal with your junk. Wasn't exactly the highlight of my day, so don't think this is fun for me either.' Stiles told. 'We're actually doing you a favour.' I shrugged and Jackson scoffed. 'This is doing me a favour?' He snarled, pulling at the handcuffs. 'Yes! You're killing people, to death!' Stiles exclaimed. I frowned. 'Is there a way to kill people not the death?' I asked raising and eyebrow and Stiles glared before continuing. 'And until we can figure out how to stop you, you're going to stay in here I'm sorry.' He said. 'Now.' I began reaching into the bag and pulling at the sandwiches me and Stiles had bought on the way here. 'Do you want the ham and cheese or the turkey club? I kinda already ate half of the chicken one so unless you're into that...' I told him with a shrug. Jackson glared at the sandwiches. 'You seriously don't think my parents are going to look for me?' He deadpanned. 'Not if they don't think anything's wrong.' I shrugged and next to me Stiles smirked as he pulled Jackson's phone and showed the text he had sent to his parents. That's right bitch.

**_**

It was again about an hour later, lunch break was already over so Stiles and I didn't bother going back to school. We were way too busy explaining to Jackson about his other half... Or whatever you like to call it. 'Scales? Like a fish?' Jackson asked. 'No.' Stiles responded. We were pretty comfortable, feet up against the other bench, Stiles' arm wrapped around my shoulder, my head resting on his shoulder. 'More like a reptile. Eh, and your claws have this liquid hat paralyzes people. And you have a tail.' I told him. 'I have a tail?' Jackson repeated dryly. 'Does it do anything?' He asked raising his eyebrows. 'No not that I know of...' Stiles replied with a shrug. 'Could I use it to strangle you?' Jackson asked pulling his handcuffs again. I groaned. 'You still don't believe us?' I cried out. 'Alright.' Stiles sighed. 'The night of the semi-final game. What did you do right after?' He asked. I frowned as my thoughts drifted off to that day. I remember walking into the pool area and seeing Derek fall in the water. Stiles going after his phone and me and Derek going straight for the bottom. And because I was such a pussy with no muscle at all, and because I'm that nice of a person, I drowned. 'Yes you idiot!' Jackson snapped and it pulled me from my thoughts, okay I guess he really didn't know what really happened. 'What else would I have done?' He asked and I felt Stiles tense up. 'You attacked me and Derek at the pool, you then trapped us and her in the pool. You also killed a mechanic right in front of us scaring the absolute crap out of my girlfriend. And you also killed one of Argent's hunters. Oh! And last night you tried to kill Danny! Speaking of killing, that night at the pool? Sammy drowned. And I had to watch her get bitten and turned into a werewolf in order for her to survive. But don't worry, that one isn't just on you. That's on me as well. I never liked you Jackson, but now I hate you. Because you and I? We killed my girlfriend. And because of you I'm going to have to live with that guilt for the rest of my life thanks a lot.' Stiles rambled and ended with a deep sigh. I was looking up at Stiles in pure shock. He never told me he felt guilty, he never showed it. He had no reason too, we had to get that phone in order to call Scott so he could come save our ass. Me drowning was all my fault, I was too stubborn to let go. 'Why would I try to kill my best friend?' Jackson sighed. Okay well clearly he doesn't feel guilty. 'Well that's what Scott's trying to figure out right now. Unfortunately for us, we have to babysit your stupid ass.' Stiles sighed. 'Well, maybe he should figure out how to get a lawyer when I prosecute your asses all the way to jail!' Jackson screamed back at us. Stiles sighed but remained calm. I don't know how he did, it took every bit of my strength not to punch Jackson right in the face now. 'Alright, well tell me this. On the night of the full moon, what happened?' Stiles asked him. Jackson looked down, a look of disappointment on his face. 'Nothing... nothing happened.' He sighed. A few minutes later Stiles and I were back outside, I was texting Scott for an update and Stiles was texting Jackson's dad. Jackson was all chained up so everything was fine, for now. Suddenly there was the sound of leaves crunching and twigs. Our heads snapped to our right looking around and hoping Jackson hadn't somehow gotten out. There was a pat on our shoulders and we spun around with a scream. 'Oh my god! Wow, okay...' Stiles let out when we saw it was only Allison. 'They know.' She said, panic written all over her face. 'Whoa, whoa, wait, lemme finish this text before I flip.' I quickly typed the rest of my text and sent it. I then threw the phone over my shoulder. 'What?!' I exclaimed. I cringed when I heard the sound of my phone hitting the van. 'Yeah, they know Jackson's missing.' Allison said. 'No they can't, I've been texting his parents since last night, they don't have a clue.' Stiles said holding up the phone. Allison shook her head making her brown curls bounce. 'My grandfather told me his parents went to the police.' Allison explained. 'They know.' She said. 'Let me see those texts.' I said grabbing Stiles' wrist and turning it so I could read the text messages. I let out a sigh and shook my head. 'Of course they know.' I said. 'What? What are you talking about?' Stiles asked confused. 'This text says 'I love you' at the end!' I groaned. 'Yeah, so?' Stiles frowned. 'Jackson hasn't said that to his parents since the day they told him he got adopted!' I exclaimed. 'So of course they know it's not him texting them!' I sighed. Stiles' face turned into complete panic as he held Jackson's phone between his thumb and index finger. He then handed it to me and rushed to the van grabbing the radio. I looked at the phone and dropped it to the ground before following Stiles, picking up my own phone in the process. I was too late to hear what exactly they had said, I did know they were coming. We squeezed ourselves into the front of the van and drove off, according to Stiles somewhere far, far away from here.

**_**

We had parked the van at another place in the woods. Scott had come to join us. 'If Jackson doesn't remember being the kanima?' Scott began as we walked towards the edge of the cliff. 'He's definitely not going to remember stealing Danny's tablet.' He sighed. So yeah, Scott was at the hospital with Danny and he said that he was doing Jackson a favour, something about recovering a video. But when Scott went to get the tablet, it was gone. Oh, and my twin also ran into our mom at the hospital... apparently our grades are even worse than bad, if we fail one of our midterms, they're gonna hold us back... And then all of our friends will be Juniors and we will still be Sophomore's... Which won't be good. So we have to do something about it. 'Why would he steal the thing if he doesn't even know what's on it?' Stiles asked confused. 'What if someone else took it?' Allison suggested. 'Then somebody else knows what he is!' I sighed throwing my hands in the air. 'Which could mean someone's protecting him!' Scott added. 'Yeah like the bestiary says, the kanima seeks a friend, right?' Allison said. 'Okay so hold. So somebody watches Jackson make a video of himself turning into the kanima and then just erases part of it so he wouldn't know? Who would do that?' Stiles cut it. 'Somebody who would wanna protect him?' Allison asked. 'But wait.' Scott cut in. 'You said the only thing you found online about the kanima is that it goes after murderers... what if that's actually true?' He asked his best friend. I sighed. 'Scotty, do I look like a murderer to you?' I asked crossing my arms over my chest. 'Yeah.' Stiles added. 'I don't know about you guys but I haven't murdered anybody lately.' He said. Scott shook his head. 'I-I don't think it was actually trying to kill us.' He said. He looked at Allison. 'Remember when we were at Isaac's the first time? I went right by us didn't it?' He asked her. 'Yeah right, it just ran off.' Allison confirmed with a shrug. 'And it didn't kill us at the mechanics garage.' I said looking at Stiles, I think I was starting to get it. 'Well yeah but it tried to kill us and Derek at the pool.' Stiles said. I shook my head. 'No, it was waiting for us to come out.' I said. 'What if it was trying to keep you in?' My brother questioned. 'Well yeah that worked...' I sighed. 'Why do I feel so violated all of a sudden?' Stiles sighed. 'Because there's something else going on. We just don't know what it is. We don't know anything about what's going on with Jackson or why someone's protecting him...' Scott replied. 'Know thy enemy...' Allison suddenly mumbled and we all turned to her in confusion. She shook her head. 'Nah it's just something my grandfather said...' She shrugged. 'Alright I got it! Kill Jackson, problem solved.' Stiles said and I reached to smack the back of his head. 'Remember when he risked his life for us against Peter?' I said raising my eyebrows. 'Yes but what did we just find out? He got the bite from Derek. It's funny how he could exactly what he wanted just by risking his life for us it's funny!' Stiles responded. 'It doesn't mean he's still not worth saving okay.' I sighed. 'He doesn't know what he's doing okay? Scott didn't and I probably won't either. Scott had someone to stop him, so do I. But he doesn't. He deserves to be helped and I think we should try.'