2

Peter

My phone buzzed in my pocket angrily, for the fifth time, and I knew I couldn't stay much longer.

Legs dangling off the side of the tall, brick building, I kept my eyes on the ground. I had to squint to see even a little bit through the first flurry of flakes that fell. She was probably freezing out there somewhere. It had already been a night, now onto the second.

Where could she be?

Because of the quickly coming winter, all traces of her disappearance would be covered forever. What if we never found her?

My phone buzzed again, a shorter sound, and I knew I needed to get in touch with someone.

'Where are you? -May'

'May is freaking out Man. -Ned'

'Come home -May'

Missed call from Aunt May

Missed call from Ned

Missed call from Aunt May

Missed call from Ned

'Hey, where are you? -Ned'

'Please come home soon.- May'

I looked through all of the messages, but one stuck out.

I pushed on May's contact and put the phone to my ear, after ripping off my mask and cringing at the cold breeze that nipped at my ears.

The ringer sounded twice before she picked up.

"Where are you?" She asked as soon as she picked up.

"Edge of a building." I stated simply.

"What? Peter-"

"No no, I'm just sitting on a balcony." I stopped her from freaking out.

"Where?" She demanded.

"I'm okay-"

"I haven't seen you since you busted open your hand on a mirror. Come home, please." She begged.

"Yes, May." I sighed once again and hung up. I stood up, balancing on the ledge, and looked over the ground one last time.

She's not here.

~~~

We sat across from each other, the single light above the center of the table lighting up our bowls of soup.

The silence was peeling my skin from my bones, aching and clawing to just get back outside and search for her.

"Where?" I whispered out, playing with the spoon I knew I wouldn't use.

"What Pete?"

"Where the hell could she be?"

~~~

Narrator

Your eyes were cloudy and shaky, darkening and lightening as you came in and out of conscious.

Where were you? You couldn't tell.

You couldn't smell clean or dirty air, no feeling of a hard or soft ground. It seemed to just be you rolling around in mid air, grasping and clawing for any sense you could. Trying to figure out where you were, or even who you were.

"Stay still" A distant voice shook and echoed from seemingly everywhere.

"What are you- What are you doing?!" He screamed suddenly. All you could think about was how desperately you wanted to feel SOMETHING.

Physical, emotional, anything. You didn't know where you were, how you got here, who you are, what you are, or this voice. Who was it?

You began to panic, thinking of anything you could do for answers. You couldn't feel it, but your body angrily convulsed around. The strange doctor was in fear for his life.

What he injected you with had the opposite affect that it should have, and now, there was no stopping it.

He flinched as your hand made a slight advance.  Something so delicate, yet so destructive. Though he moved, he wasn't quick enough. Your skin barely managed to graze his own, but that would do it.

His lively and excitable body immediately dropped to a lifeless corpse, thudding as it hit the cold concrete floor.

Meanwhile, you had no senses to help what was going on. With your body writhing with pain and exhaustion, your mind couldn't comprehend you were alive at all.

No thoughts, no movement, just a paralyzed feeling of pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~