Where Were You in the Morning? (s.m.)

Summary: Mornings in the Mendes family.

Pairing: Shawn Mendes x Reader

WARNINGS: bad writing

this is just a lil fic i've been writing on the side! please continue to vote! i'm finishing that one up in the next few hours, but that'll (hopefully) be a fic series that'll keep me occupied in the coming weeks.

***

"Good morning, my precious girl." Shawn cooed to his daughter at eight a.m., the usual time for them to begin their daily shenanigans when he's home. "How are you today?"

"Mm." She muttered into his shoulder as he carried her to the changing station in her room, taking off last night's dirty pamper, using a wipe to wipe her clean, put baby powder on her, and put her in a clean one. "Good."

He picked her back up again, carrying her to his and his wife's room, laying her down on their bed in his spot and putting a few pillows around her frame so that she can go back to sleep if she wanted. Then he went into his office, where he calls his "writing room". Which, ironically, is the room where he writes his music, but he also writes "thank you" letters to venues and event promoters, and plays chess with Cez when he's absolutely tired of working.

Back in the bedroom, Angel sat herself up and crawled over the pillow mountain her Daddy made, laying her fluff of chocolatey curls on her Mama's pillow. "Hi, Mama." She giggled through her endless wall of hair.

(Y/N) gently pushed Angel's hair back with a sleepy smile. "Hello, my love."

"Mama, we play today?"

"Yes, we can play today. Do you want to go to the park?"

Angel's little hazel eyes widened in excitement. "Park?"

"Yep. Park. We can do swings, the slide, the monkey bars, anything."

"Daddy come too?" She asked. "Daddy come and push me?"

"Well, how about we ask Daddy after we eat and we'll see. Okay?"

"Kay. Want "faffles", Mama."

"You want waffles for breakfast?" (Y/N) asked the little girl, already certain that waffles with bacon and eggs was what she wanted to eat. That's what she wants to eat everyday, and sugary oatmeal with strawberries on the rarest of occasions. She picked Angel up and carried her to the kitchen, sitting her in her highchair and giving her some apple juice to keep her (relatively) quiet while (Y/N) cooked for the three of them. She started to fry the bacon in the pan, humming a random tune while her fiancé padded quietly into the kitchen. She squealed when she felt him hug her from behind and kiss her shoulder. "Hi."

He took a swift inhale of her hair and drowned in the scent of strawberries and honey. "Hey." He mumbled, pinching the revealed skin on her hip right by the "S" tattoo in tiny lettering. "Plans for today?"

"Angel wants to go to the park." She replied, flipping the bacon out of the pan and moving it to the back burner to cool while she started making waffles. "And she very specifically said she wanted her Daddy to come, too."

"Of course!" His body was still laced in hers and he smiled to himself, kissing her twice–once behind her ear and again on her brown cheek. He really loved this woman with everything he had. Since their third date, he knew that this was the woman he was going to marry; and he liked to think that she knew that as well. They both fell hard and fast, so they dated for four months, said their "I love you"s before his Illuminate tour, and then when he got back, they moved in together. They weren't married yet and neither of them minded that. He was just grateful she said yes to his proposal in the first place.