our day. (intro & ch. 1) (kj apa)

Summary: KJ and (Y/N) have been dying to have a day just to themselves, but something nagging at the both of them causes things to be a bit more difficult. How will they get over this?

WARNINGS: none, for now

****

****

"Good mornin', babes." He mumbled gruffly in my ear at an ungodly hour, which was really about nine a.m.

"Morning," I grumbled. I was never a morning person, and neither was he, but today I'm assuming he decided to be one on a whim. "too early to talk."

"Well, just be awake enough to hear what I'm tellin' you, yeah?" His New Zealand accent slurring his already hushed words as he shuffled his warmth away from me in the bed, and into our shared closet.

"Talk quick."

"I'm headed to the gym, kay? I'll be there until, like, noon." He grunted, sliding on his sneakers over his socks after he took off his sleeping clothes and changed into workout wear. "Goin' with Charles."

"Mmk." I replied, only halfway listening to what he was saying.

"And then, after that," He knelt over my almost-asleep frame, pink lips hovering over my ear. "the day's ours."

I smiled to myself at the antics he and I would get up to—which was most likely sex and drinking alcohol like we usually do. "Yeah?" This was the most alert I'd been the entire duration of our conversation.

"Yeah." He kissed the shell of my ear, then my cheek, then my jaw, then that sweet spot on my neck. "It'll be a great day for us."

I was wide awake now.

"A great day, indeed." I opened my eyes and gazed at his features: black-orange hair in his face as he hovered over me, entrancing hazel eyes glinting with love and a hint of lust, plump lips that were aching to be kissed and bitten.

So I did. Pulling him to my mouth, I pecked his lips a few times before attempting to have him back in the bed. And, hopefully, in me.

"Bug," He mumbled, groaning quietly to himself at my relentless actions. "baby, I have to go."

"Nuh-uh." I retorted. "I'm all the work out you need."

"As true as that is, today's leg day." He kissed my brown forehead. "Be good. I love you."

"Ugh. I love you too." I didn't necessarily get acheive the goal of getting him back into bed, but who's to say he won't be back in my bed later?

Or in my shower...

Or on my kitchen counter...

Or in his office...

Or in his car...

Wherever's fine to me.

***

A sweaty, out of breath KJ emerged into our bedroom about three-and-a-half hours later, his light grey workout shirt now a dark charcoal grey from his sweat. His hair clung to his forehead, only moving the slightest bit when he bounded into our bedroom. "Hey, bug."

I was out of the bed now; something in me'd told me to clean our bedroom and bathroom, so I (reluctantly) did so while he was gone. I'd showered and changed into some "cleaning clothes", which was really just a pair of his old boxers and a tank top. "Hey, baby." I kissed his lips reluctantly, because y'know.... sweat.

"What's up? You been cleanin'?" He asked, going into our bathroom to shower. "Smells like bleach in here."

"Good." I muttered, continuing to fold his clothes that I washed. "It used to smell like your farts, so let's compromise some, yes?"

He laughed his annoyingly cute and contagious laugh, a "shut up!" somewhere in there. "My farts aren't that bad."

"Keneti, seriously?" I retorted. "When we first started dating, you'd be driving us somewhere, fart, then lock the windows."

He cackled put loud at the memory.

"I'm fully convinced that you were trying to kill me, Kenny."

"Nah. Not yet." He shook his head, turning the shower on. "We're not married yet so I can't get any of your life insurance policy."

"Married...yet?" I asked in a hushed tone for clarification. "You want to marry me?"

He hadn't heard me over the noise of the shower's rain, closing the bathroom door and stepping into the shower, sliding the shower's door shut.

***

Our breaths heaved heavily, me laying on his bare, sweaty chest. "You know I love you, right?" He panted. "With all my heart."

"I love you, too, Kenny." I looked at him with sleepy eyes even though it was about two-thirty. The smile that adorned his face was contagious. "With everything in me."

"And, uh..." he ran a hand through his sweaty hair. "I really have been thinkin' about us lately. Like, our future."

"Oh, really?" I sat up a bit, leaning back on my arm for support. "What all have you been thinking?"

"Just.. w-would you ever want to get married?.. Or have a couple kids?"

"With you?"

He chuckled with a sigh. "Nah. Well—I mean, maybe, but I meant in general."

"Mm." I pondered for a moment. Would I want to get married and have kids? Especially with KJ. I'm gonna be completely honest: I love him with all my heart and soul, but the arguing sometimes is hard to handle. Or when he's off shooting a movie, could I handle myself here and make sure everything is running smoothly? Naturally, I can handle myself when he's away now, but in the future, there could be children in this equation. "I think so."

"You think so?"

"Yeah."

"Why's that?"

"I just feel like.. maybe I'm not equipped to be a wife or mother anytime soon." I shrugged. "Maybe I'm not "wife material"."

His bushy eyebrows furrowed in concern. "Seriously?" He asked. "You really don't think you're "wife material"?"

"Not really, no."

He didn't respond.

"It's not that I don't want to be a wife or mother, or both, I just feel like I've got so much going on that I wouldn't be a good one."

"Baby.." he muttered pitifully. "you'd be.. an amazing wife and mother."

"But I hate kids."

"Okay," he chuckled. "I'm aware. But people's mindsets about babies and kids can change. And, if you really don't want kids, then we can get another dog."

"That works, I think."