16. The Runaway Wife

Jimin's POV

Jimin's POV

I pushed the cafe's door open and walked toward the register to order a mango dragon fruit shake. Yoongi wasn't here yet so I decided to sip my drink while waiting for him beside the glass windows.

Slurp slurp.

I quietly sat at a table sipping my drink while staring at everyone in the cafe. Why do they all look like couples? Except one couple has a baby.

I shrug it off my shoulder and continued to sip my drink until the door opened. I expected it to be Yoongi and it was true! Except he was with a girl. Looks like Yoongi has found a girlfriend. Wait he did?! Does that mean I can have Irene all to myself?

"Hey Yoongi! And Yoongi's girlfriend, " I waved hi to them signaling them to come to my table.

"Oh I'm not dating him, he's just a victim that I'm trying to help in court, " She answered.

"Yea, " Yoongi agreed while he glared at me. He should be happy he isn't in jail.

Nayeon's POV (AKA The Prosecutor)

"Oh I'm not dating him, he's just a victim that I'm trying to help in court, " I answered.

"Yea, " Yoongi agreed and I felt something weird. I felt like my heart broke into a crack. I revived my sad heart with a new heart trying to get some work done.

"Anyway, my name is Im Nayeon, " I said and shook Jimin's hand, but Yoongi slapped his hand away.

"Let's just get straight to the point," Yoongi says. "We're going to ask you some questions and you need to answer them answer my or the consequences will get worse," I still kept glaring at Jimin.

"OKAY! Fine! I was the one who attempted a murder on Irene, but that was because I was angry! I didn't mean to actually hurt her!" Jimin suddenly says talking extremely fast in a nervous scared tone.

Jimin's POV

"OKAY! Fine! I was the one who attempted a murder on Irene, but that was because I was angry! I didn't mean to actually hurt her!" I suddenly said getting really nervous. The last sentence was actually a lie. I did try to kill her so I could have a better life, but now I don't want to kill her.

"Okay. Since you answered, we're going to give you a fine of 12,000 dollars," Nayeon said.

"You attempted a murder, but you told the truth and you tried to turn in Yoongi. You have a week to turn in the money so good luck and goodbye. Let's go Yoongi," Nayeon told me and left with Yoongi dragging along behind her.

This is fine. I'm rich. Nothing will get in my way.

---A Week Later

"Thank you sir for paying the bill, now you are free. Don't cause anymore troubles or you'll be in court," The sir said. I left the courtroom where justice begins and crimes get solved.

Finally! Now I'm just an innocent person with a happy life with my wife in our h-

WAIT WHAT?!

I slammed the door of our house closed before running toward the ring at the kitchen table.

This is Irene's ring! Tears began to form. She didn't leave me right? She probably got kidnapped??

I checked the house and not a single piece of her stuff was in the house. I decided to check her room. She's probably cleaning and didn't want to get her ring missing or dirty!

I ran upstairs to check her room, but found nothing, but a piece of paper on the table.

Dear Jimin,

I know that you're sad right now since I left, but it's for the best.
Jimin, I have been hiding something for a long time.
Don't get mad at me please,
But, I really love Yoongi.
I'm sorry, but you weren't the right guy for me.
This whole marriage was a lie.
So I ran away to get my one true love.

Goodbye Jimin.
Love, Irene.

I angrily ripped the paper into pieces and smashed them onto the wooden floor.

"WHY IRENE??" I broke down onto the floor and cried extremely hard. My heart was cold and it felt broken.

I was half mad at Irene for leaving and loving Yoongi, but I was half still in love at Irene because she's my type and she's really special.

That night, I cried and cried. My friends came over to Busan and tried comforting me, but I did nothing except cry.