ONE

I walked back to my dorm after class. I practically ran because I had to get a snack and get changed before Mallory dragged me to our schools hockey game. It was important because Mallory's boyfriend was playing.

Even though I went to this school I didn't know many of the players besides Mallory's boyfriend since I spent my time playing basketball.  But There is this one guy, Quinn. I'm a math tutor for his little brother Luke who is a high school student. The only thing that Luke talks about is his older brothers.

Luke has messaged me asking if I was coming to the game. I told him I was going with Mallory and he suggested that we sit with him and his parents so we can make conversation with them in the box rather then Luke talking to them. I told him I would talk to Mallory about it and get back to him.

I changed into black ripped jeans with my yellow Michigan crop top and my black bomber jacket. I threw on some Air Force-ones and curled my hair while I ate some cheese and crackers.

After getting ready Mallory returned from class and got ready for the game. I asked her if she wanted to sit up in the box with Luke and his parents which she agreed too, since it would be a better view and Luke could explain what was happening during the game.

We walked to the game and went to the top floor of the arena. Luke stood there waiting for us. "Hey Lukey, how are you?" "Not bad. Glad you two could sit up here with me. I don't know why mom wouldn't let me bring a friend but will let you here. She's so confusing" he rolled his eyes and took a seat on the stool facing the ice. "Hey be nice. You know she's a busy woman. She probably didn't want to be responsible for another kid" i suggested. "yeah you are right" "speaking of your mom. Where is Ellen?" "She went to go get everyone drinks. She's getting both if you a Smirnoff ice." Mallory and I thanked Luke even though he's not the one that was getting them. "good choice" Mallory said high fiving Luke.

"So what's up buddy? What's new?" i asked as the hockey players started their warm up. "My math grade went up but you might have to start helping me with science because I'm slipping." "That's fine. You know I'm always a message away for anything, anytime." He nodded and thanked me as Ellen walked into the room. "Hey ladies" Ellen walked over with cups in her hands. We grabbed them from her and she pulled me into a hug. "It's been a while sweetie how are you?" "I'm doing good how are you?" I responded. "Not to bad. Busy with all the boys and their hockey but we are getting it done. Jack is in Sweden playing for the USNTDP, Luke's been playing in his minor league, and Quinn is here" she said pointing to the ice. "you are a very busy woman. If you ever need an extra hand with anything. Even with Luke I can help. I know he always has hockey after I help him with his math. I can always drive him to practice since I'm going out that way anyways." "Thank you sweetie. You are the best. Now enjoy the game. Im sure Luke doesn't want me to blab the whole game." I turned around seeing Mallory and Luke talking as they watched the team warm up. I sat beside Mallory sipping from my drink as the game started.

Our school ended up losing this game which means no party tonight and the arena was silent. Everyone was now downstairs ready to see the guys as they come out the change room. Mallory's boyfriend Will came out of the change room and walked towards us. He hugged Mallory and I gave them some space by going to say my final goodbyes to Ellen, Jim and Luke. Ellen hugged me goodbye as I turned around and walked away i saw a slightly familiar face walking past me as we made eye contact. I couldn't match a name to the face and I now knew that it was going to bother me all night.

When returning to Mal and Will they asked if I was ready to go back home to the dorm. When we got there I studied for my biology quiz while they watched finding Nemo. "Hey Sid how do you know Ellen?" Will asked me. "I tutor her son" "You tutor Quinn? But you guys are in different programs?" "No I help Luke his little brother with his high school math and science. I've been tutoring him for 4 years now so I know him, Ellen, and Jim very well. His brothers not so much. They are always gone. So I've never really talked to them or see them around" "Quinn's the oldest. He's plays on my team. He's the one that got the goal tonight" I nodded remembering seeing his goal. After finishing studying I took a shower and went to bed.

Luke's pov

"Good game bud. That was a nice goal" I told Quinn as I dabbed him up. "Good game my little baby" mom said squeezing his cheeks and hugging him. "Mom if you want him to get a girlfriend you might not want to called him that in public. Or squeeze his cheeks." I warned her. "You are next my little Lukey" mom said squeezing my cheeks before going back to minding her own business and I went to talk to Quinn again. "Luke who was sitting with you guys during the game?" "Sidney my tutor and her friend Mallory. Mal said she knew you?" "Is she the one dating Will?" "Yes" I told him confidently since I remembered our conversation. "What was Sidney doing here?" He asked me. "She goes here dumb dumb. Did you not see her in the hall after the game. Standing there with mallory and William?" I was shocked that he was that stupid and forgetful. "Hey its not my fault I haven't seen her in like 4 years and I don't remember every detail about her. She really had changed." He commented. "Gross. Keep it in your pants and don't talk about my tutor like that"