SIXTEEN

Sidney's POV
Jack and quinn still weren't here but Quinn called me. "Hey can you and mom come to the lower level and meet us at bottom of section 25. It should be right underneath you guys" "yeah we will be right there" Ellen and I got up and made our way to over to Quinn and jack. "Jim this is my mom Ellen and my girlfriend Sidney" "very nice to meet both of you. I'm Jim Benning the GM of the canucks. I've heard a lot about you Sidney" he said surprising me. "Good things I hope" I said making everyone laugh. "Only the best. I just wanted to meet some more of the family before this thing gets started. our team wants to assure you that we not only have a place for Quinn to be with us but his family if everything goes as planned. We are very flexible for things like family. We want Quinn to think of Vancouver as a second home. And for you Ellen if you have any questions at all feel free to call me or the staff when ever" he said handing her a card with a bunch of names and phone numbers on it. She thanked Mr.benning and we all went to our seats.

We sat down, ellen on one side of quinn and me on the other. The draft started and the sabres went up to pick first. I wasn't into the draft that much since I knew about it on such short notice but when Brady tkachuk got chosen 4th overall the whole family stood up to clap and quinn bent down so he could congratulate his good friend Brady with a hug. We sat back down and waited in nervousness again for quinn to get picked.

Jim walked across the stage and stood at the microphone. Quinn grabbed my hand and squeezed it the entire time that Jim stood up on the stage. "On behalf of the Vancouver Canucks I am proud to select from the university of Michigan, quinn Hughes" complete joy rushes through my body. Everyone jumped up and waited for their turn to congratulate quinn. I was the first to give him a hug. "I'm beyond proud of you baby. I love you" I told him quickly pecking his cheek so someone else could take a turn. My eyes got watery as I watched quinn. I have never seen him so happy before. All the nerves he had before were gone and it was now pure happiness. I stood there clapping with Ellen and the rest of the family as he walked up and across the stage. He slid the jersey over his head. The colour blue has never looked so good on someone. He disappeared off the stage and was now doing an interview. We all got up and left to go meet him on the ground floor.

He sat there doing his interview not even looking at the camera but looking at me. "So Quinn how does it feel knowing that you are going to be playing for the canucks?" "Absolutely unreal. The organization is so welcoming and have not only taken me in but my family. They have given so many opportunities to me and my girlfriend Sidney. It's just truly amazing and something I will never forget." "Well thank you quinn we will let you go and spend some time with your family now" he got out of the chair with the biggest smile still on his face.

"You're a Canuck buddy!" Jack said dapping him up. "You know I told will and Mallory that I would never be a Canuck fan?" I told quinn as he stood beside me. "Well that's about to change isn't it?" He said wrapping his arm around my waist. "Who knows maybe I'll go to Calgary with Brady" "you wouldn't dare" "You're right. I love my little Canuck" I said kissing his cheek.

"Can we get a picture of quinn and the family" they all walked in front of the screen and smiled for the camera. "Sid what are you doing?" They all asked. Luke who was closest to me grabbed my arm and pulled me into the picture. I stood in between jack and Quinn. Throwing our arms around each other. "Watch the hand" Ellen said starring quinn down. He moved his hand from basically my butt to my lower back. "You take the fun out of everything mom" he said making everyone laugh which made for the best picture.

After a lot of interviews and a lot of pictures we finally went back to the hotel. It was a long night and I was ready to sleep. As soon as we go to the hotel I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and got changed into some comfy shorts and one of Quinn's shirts. I laid in bed beside quinn and turned the tv on. The only thing playing was master chef since we couldn't work the remote. Getting even more tired then I was before I cuddled with quinn.

His hand went under my shirt rubbing my back. "You're not wearing a bra? You always wear a bra to bed which is weird but you're not tonight?" He said in a questioning tone. "Yeah because I use to be scared to not wear a bra around you. And I wouldn't sleep with it on I would take it off once you fell asleep and then wake up before you and put it back on. But I realized you are stuck with me and that I don't really care cause you have to deal with it either way" "hey! I like your boobs. bra or not and I'll always like your boobs" he said laughing at himself. "You think you are funny don't you. You are lucky we have our own room since jack is over there with Luke. or your mom would scream if she heard you say that. Jim might even give you a slap to the back of the head" "what they don't know can't hurt them" he said moving so he was leaning over top of me with his one hand still underneath my back. "Now that you are some big nhl player you have a lot of confidence don't you?" "Yeah just like you and how you don't wear a bra anymore." he said still laughing at the comments he makes. "Leave me and my boobs alone" I pouted. He leaned down pressing a soft kiss on my lips before he put more passion in it. It got a little heated and one thing led to another.