EIGHTEEN

Sidney's flashback
I sat in my room drawing as they yelled down stairs. Only god could know what they were fighting about this time. I peaked my head out of the door to see them in each other's faces screaming. He noticed me in the door way and stomped towards my room. "What did I tell you? Stay in your room! Got it!" "I'm sorry daddy!" I yelled back in fear as he picked me up and threw me into my room. My body slammed against the floor and I could tell I was going to have a bruise. I laid in bed and cried myself to sleep skipping dinner if there even was any.

That was just one night of many. Eventually the school caught on that I was showing up to school everyday with a new bruise or scratches. My teacher Mrs Cap called CPS and she became my foster mom. when I was old enough I got a job while I lived with her. After saving up all my money and Martha covering the rest of the money I went to private boarding school in Michigan where I worked non stop for a full ride at the uni of Michigan.

That leaves me to where I am now. I have an amazing boyfriend, family, and friends with the not so amazing family trying to wiggle their way back in. If my mom did decide to come to Michigan to talk to me there is absolutely nothing she could say that would make me forgive her. Forgive her for not only not standing up for me, but herself.

It's been three days since we got back to Michigan and she's been calling me non stop. I message her telling her that I don't want to talk to her which slightly scares me because I know that she might actually have the balls to fly out here. I've been stressed the past few days which has thrown everyone for a loop. I guess Jim and Ellen noticed that I've been camping out in my dorm room so they invited me for dinner knowing that I would sleep there and they could see me in the morning as well. I changed into some leggings and one of Quinn's t shirt while throwing my hair into a bun. After driving to the house with my bag of clothes and toiletries I got out of the car and walked into the house that was dead silent. "Hello?" I yelled. "In the kitchen" Luke yelled. I took my shoes off and made my way to the kitchen. "Hey Lukey how have you been?" "Not to bad. Happy that the semester is almost over but sad that you won't be here to help me with math and science next year" he said looking down at his bowl of cereal. "You know you can FaceTime me when ever and I'll still help you. You just might have to do the take home labs with your dad" "you think I'm going to trust dad out of all people to do my science experiment. That's funny" on que Jim walked into the kitchen. "Wow Luke. And to think I was going to call you the favourite. I guess not anymore" Jim said making me laugh while Luke jumps out of his chair. "No no dad I take it back I swear!" "Yeah yeah whatever. Sid, Quinn is down in his room. He might be asleep though they worked pretty hard at practice" I nodded and thanked him before quietly making my way down stairs and into Quinn's room. He was in fact sleeping so I got under the covers and snuggled up to him. This was all I needed right now. Just me and quinn in each other's arms not caring about anything in the outside world. Not about hockey or family or moving. Just him and I.

He stirred in his spot and slowly opened his eyes. "Wow what a great way to wake up" he said turning towards me and wrapping himself around me. "How was your nap?" "Good but better that I'm here awake with you now" he said kissing my shoulder. "Awww you're so cute when you are sleepy. But we have to get up and go help your mom cook dinner" "ugghhhh that's Luke's job" he groaned. "Plus I'll burn the house down" he added reminding me of every time we have ever tried to cook together. "Yeah well it's time to practice cause I'm not cooking every single meal when we move" I said while getting out of bed just to be pulled back down by Quinn and have him lay on top of me. "Am I crushing you?" "Yeah just a little?" "Are you calling me fat!??!" He said sarcastically shooting his head up to look at me. "No I just want you to move so we can go upstairs" I said laughing at him.

We finally made our way to the kitchen to see Ellen cooking. She put her knife down and wiped her hands before come over to hug me as I stood infront of the fridge. "How are you doing sweetie?" "Not to bad. A lot on the mind but it's good that I got out of the dorm" I said honestly. "Well I'm cooking up a feast so I hope you are hungry" "of course. Me and Quinn are here to help cook" she stood there laughing at my comment. "See. Even she doesn't trust me cooking" Quinn pointed out. "Yeah he doesn't cook never has, probably never will" "Well I told him I'm not doing all the cooking when we go to Vancouver" I said washing my hands so I could help her cook. "Don't remind me of that. It breaks my heart everytime I think about you guys leaving. My little baby boy leaving the nest and starting his own life" she said getting sad. "But you know what. I'll be visiting so much it's like you never even left. They don't call me a helicopter parent for no reason" she laughed. "Perfect she can cook for us" Quinn mentions as he sat on the bar stool at the counter. "You are terrible" I said to him making him laugh.