NINE

Sidney's POV
Today was thanksgiving and i was In the middle of getting ready to go to the Hughes house for dinner. As I was getting ready for dinner I had a nice FaceTime call with mallory and will since they went home for a few days. "So Sidney. What's the update on you and Quinn" she asked knowing I would tell her since I tell her everything. "Well it was weird for a bit and we didn't really talk. But last night he brought me ice cream and we watched a movie before Ella interrupted us" "oh really interrupted what?" She said smirking. "Nothing Mallory" I laughed "really sid. So it's not like you guys shared a few kisses or maybe a lot" "no!" I yelled out of embarrassment and walked out of the screen. "Reallyyyyyy cause Quinn's not telling the same story" "he told you!" I asked running back to my phone to see if she was lying or not. "It took me a few try's but I got it out of him" "that son of a gun" "awww sid your cheeks are getting red. It's almost like you like him or something" she commented on the red tones of my face. "You were like this too with Will so don't even go there" "yeah and look where that got me. Me and will are dating now. What does that say for you and Quinn" "you know what I'm hanging up I have to get ready for dinner" "what dinner? at the Hughes house?" she said laughing which earned a faint laugh and a "good one babe" from Will in the back. "Byeeee" I hung up the call and went back to curling my hair. I did some light makeup and changed into my dress before grabbing my stuff and headed to the car.

While driving i got hit with a pang of nervousness because I don't know how Quinn will act around me since we haven't decided what we are going to be

While driving i got hit with a pang of nervousness because I don't know how Quinn will act around me since we haven't decided what we are going to be. Are we dating. Are we 'testing the waters' for real this time. Are we just friends. Non the less I drove to the Hughes house.

Normally I would walk right in but since I'm an actual guest today I thought I would knock. Ellen opened the door and let me inside. "Sidney you didn't have to knock. You are part of the family you can just come in" she said making my heart melt a little because she is such a sweet woman. "I didn't know who was here so I thought I would knock just incase. I also brought you apple crumble. I know Luke and Jim like it. Don't worry I didn't make it a girl on my floor who is in the culinary program made it so it will actually be good" I said making us both laugh. She took the dish from my hands and I followed her into the kitchen.

There was a lot of people in the house. Way more then I had expected. "Everyone this is Sidney one of the boys friends" a bunch of hi Sidney's were heard which I simply smiled and waved to them all. "Sid do you want anything to drink. Pop, water, wine?" Jim asked. "I'll just have some water please since I'm driving" "smart girl" an older man whom I'm guess is the grandpa said making everyone laugh. Ellen introduced me to everyone that was in the kitchen and covered the people that were in the living room where I'm guessing the boys were. The grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, everyone was here. I guess I was meeting the whole family today.

"Sid!" Luke yelled as he entered the kitchen. We did our secret handshake and he gave me a side hug before he ran back into the living room. "I gotta tell Quinn and jack you are here. They don't believe that I got a 97% on my math test" he ran away and returned with paper and pen in his hand and two annoyed looking boys behind him. "Sidney please look through this and tell me I got a 97% on it" I sat at the island and remarked his test. Quinn walked up beside me and put his hand on my lower back before kissing the top of my head. "Don't you look pretty" he said into my ear. I looked up at him and smiled before thanking him.

"Here you go Luke. 97% well deserved. You would have gotten a 99 but you forgot to To square this bracket first since the little 2 is outside the bracket." all the other family members watched as Luke danced in his brothers faces. "BOOM!" He yelled. "Sidney is Luke's math and science tutor that's why he got her to check it" Ellen said earning a nod and a few short comments from the others.

Soon enough it was dinner and we all sat at a huge table. I sat with Quinn on one side of me and Ellen on the other. "Sweetie do you want me to pass you anything? I made lots of extra veggies for you and oh I almost forgot" she said jumping out of her seat. She came back with a small white looking measuring cup. "I made you gravy. Took a few recipes but it's gluten free don't worry" "Ellen you really didn't have too" I said while thanking her. "I really don't mind sid. I want you to fully enjoy the dinner" I thanked her once again and we all dug into the food.

I looked at Quinn as he was shovelling mash potatoes into his mouth. "Good food?" I whispered to him. He nodded and smiled at me as I ate my carrots. I sat back listening to everyone talk about their busy lives and the old memories they shared. I was nice to see their family be able to come together and spend time with each other. The way that they can pick everything back up and be so close even though they all live very different separate lives. I snapped back into reality when Quinn put his hand on my thigh giving it a light squeeze. He rubbed his thumb back and forth for comfort as he sat there listen to everyone just as I had. "You better watch that hand young man" Ellen said leaning over me whispering to Quinn. His face turned crimson red and he slightly lowered his hand closer to my knee.

Ellen pulled the desserts out and didn't fail to mention that I brought the apple crumble which sent everyone's attention to me. "Sweetheart you're not even going to eat your own dessert?" Quinn's grandpa asked me. "No I have celiac diseases so I can't eat it. But I brought it for everyone else to enjoy... I didn't make it either but  my friend from school made it and she is in the culinary program so hopefully it's good" I admitted.

"So Sidney you and Quinn are good friends from school I'm guessing" "well I first meet Luke because I'm his math tutor and I saw Quinn and Jack around the house but this year at school Quinn and i's friend groups started to hang out together and we have gotten really close since then" "Sidney is family. We've had her around for 4 years now and we've loved every minute she's been here" Ellen added.
I could tell some of the family was still wondering why I was here for thanksgiving and not with my family but they didn't want to ask until one of the aunts pulled the trigger and asked. "So you must be from around here? You didn't go home for thanksgiving?" "Marie?!" Jim scolded his sister. "No it's okay" I said nodding at jim. "My family lives in canada actually and home isn't really home there so I thought it would be a lot of work to go there when everyone wouldn't be returning home" I tried to simply my answer. "I'm sorry I just thought that because you have been here for 4 years you must have lived here with family" "no I um... I moved here by myself and went to private school because my home life wasn't the greatest so I became a foster kid. I saved up my money and and they helped me enroll in private school here. I haven't been home to see my parents since. Sometimes I'll go back to visit my foster parents but that's about it." I laid everything on the table.

Quinn moves his hand from my thigh to my back and rubbed in out of comfort which helped. "I'm so sorry Sidney I had no idea" marie sincerely apologized. "No it's okay really. I didn't expect you to know. I try to keep it behind me. It doesn't bother me anymore" I lied while fixing my dress. We started talking about things on a higher note. Like school and what I want to do in the future which made the room less tense.