John's 'Band'

The rest of the week was terrible. George remained alone, Paul avoiding him at all costs, having made a new group of friends (four girls who all just loved to touch him whenever they got the chance) and he spent most of his time practising in the music room. What's worse was at work, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes had barely been booked in and George hadn't seen Ringo for ages. They had called each other a couple times, but Ringo was pretty busy and couldn't take the time off to come see him. George felt pathetic. Paul hated him, he was in love with someone in a totally different world to him, and he spent all his time alone strumming a guitar that wasn't even his.

One day, just after work, George sighed and begun to walk home slowly. He heard the revving of a motorbike behind him causing his heart to leap with excitement. "Ritchie?" he asked hopefully, spinning around. His heart sank when he saw John Lennon, pulling up beside him with a look of determination. George froze whilst John stared him down, not getting off his bike.

"Well? Where is the other one?" asked John with haste. George was too confused and shy to answer properly. "I-- w-wha---?" was all he was able to manage. "The singing one." ...what? Did he mean Paul? "U-um, Paul?" asked George. John turned off his bike and jumped off. "Y'know the place where you auditioned?" he explained, George nodded. "Go there now, will ya? Give me Paul's address and i'll pick him up and join you later." he ordered. George stared at him, mostly in bewilderment. "W-why?" he eventually asked. "So we can start my band."

George's heart stopped. Oh. "I'm in the band?" he asked, with no stutter. John smiled. "Yes, you have been blessed by the almighty God himself with the very opportunity to join my band." he smirked,waving his arms about in a dramatic motion. George shivered. "John, if i'm going to join your band you better treat Paul and I better." He said, gaining confidence. John raised an eyebrow. "What? Have I offended you?" he asked casually. "W-well, you probably don't know this, but we go to the same school, and you started a bad rumour about Paul and I. We've kind of had a grudge against you since than." John just raised his eyebrow higher. "Why'd you try and join me band than?" he asked. "We didn't! Ringo didn't tell us we were going to be auditioning for your band!" John rolled his eyes.

"Ok, so do you want to join or not?" he asked. George frowned. "You have to apologise to Paul, when you pick him up." snarled George. John sighed. "What am I apologising for exactly?" "For calling him a faggot." John stood back, a little surprised. "I said that?" he asked. George stared at him in disbelief, was he being serious right now? Why was he acting surprised, didn't he do that kind of thing all the time? "Sorry, I'm just surprised I said that, since one of my friends is a half straight half queer... person." John explained. George stared at him. John was kind of... normal? Had he and Paul just made up a bad image of him in their heads? He felt bad for assuming bad of John. Sure he was a little blunt, but he was acting ok now.

"Do you mean Ringo?" asked George without thinking. He immediately regretted it when John eyed him. "Yeah. Are you two fuckin or what?" George felt his heart rate pick up and cheeks burn. "I'll take that as a yes." He smirked, turning back to his bike. "Now, Paul's address?"

George waited about 20 minutes outside the building before John turned up, Paul reluctantly riding with him. Paul climbed off the bike, awkwardly stood before George. John eyed the both of them before getting off. "I'll give ya two a minute." He said, walking inside. A silence fell between both boys, making the scene rather awkward. George's heart shattered at how bad Paul looked. He didn't mean to cause this kind of trouble to his only friend, he really didn't. "Why aren't you mad?" asked Paul finally, not facing George. "Paul, I don't hate you. You didn't do anything wrong." explained George. Paul kicked the ground. "H-how is Ringo?" he asked awkwardly. "Good. H-he's.... my boyfriend now." announced George. Paul looked up at his tall friend and took a deep breath. "You love him?"
"Hm."
"He loves you?"
"Hm."
"....that's great, George!" Paul smiled, giving George a familiar hug. George hugged back this time, he really needed this.
"Best friends remember? Nothing will tear us apart."

And just like that the two were friends again. They entered the building and John introduced them to a friend of his, Pete Best. The four started to jam out and the atmosphere all together was nice and relaxed. John was just a human being, realised George, so what if he a tendency to rebel? Adults and teachers just feared him for his individuality, and stuff them! This was the most fun he was having in years! And it was only about to get better when Ringo walked in at the end of the session. George's heart almost burst upon seeing his boyfriend again, there was a sense of familiarity when he winked at him. Ringo walked over to George's side with a look of admiration.

"Hey, Georgie." he greeted. "Get a room!" called John playfully from behind his guitar. All the boys laughed and conserved among themselves, Ringo turning to George and putting an arm around his slim waist. "Having fun?" he asked lovingly. "Yeah. Everything's much better now." smiled George, feeling rather giddy. "Thanks for giving me this opportunity, Ritchie. I've always wanted to be in a band." commented George, feeling he owed Ringo a thank you. "I could tell. And hey, you deserve this. You're a great musician." George wanted to kiss his boyfriend, but he was kind of against public displays of affection, so he just hugged him instead.

Today was a good day, and hopefully there would be many more like this one.