Seventh Chocolate

At the age of eight, she was approved to use their kitchen during their vacant times — Mama provided her with baking tools and required ingredients because she met the condition to get full marks within a year. That's why Abigail strive hard in order to learn how to make it. Notwithstanding, it's unforeseen to her that it was difficult on making those for the first time.

"You said you'll make cookies." Ray uttered once he saw the inedible dough on the plate. He faced her with a deadpanned expression and criticized, "It's freaking charcoal, Abi. How will I able to eat that?"

She felt the embarrassment as her face was tainted red and at the same time, her fingers are fidgety. She lowered her head, eyes' on the marble counter. "I just follow the procedure on the book."

In a moment, she perceived the blurry image of her view, a sign that she'll cry anytime. However, she doesn't want to be fragile to Ray because she's older than him. Inhaled heavily, she continued as she was resisting her tear ducts to function. "But I didn't expect that it will end up like this."

Ray made few steps to diminish their gap and rubbed her back lightly. He noticed the sudden difference of her breathing and he thought that something's going to happen. "I'll still eat it."

She suddenly moved her head on his way and assured, "It's okay! I'll thr—" But Ray did what he just said. He took one product of her efforts and eat it.

Every time he forcibly chewed the cookie, his face was transparent enough to say that her work was such a dissatisfaction. Once he swallowed it, his tongue traveled within his lips and commented, "Too much flour and vanilla. It's also overbaked."

Abigail raked her fingers through her ravenette hair. She pondered that she still need practice in order to make it perfect. Gathering all the remained optimism on her, her lips tugged into a soothing smile and spoke, "I'll do it again next week!"

Ray went on the sink to pour some tap water on the drinking glass. He went back on Abi's side and reminded, "I might not here on that day." He drank the water in a few moments and after that, he put the glass on the counter and spoke again. "But I'll be in my room. You're free to come there."