Aftermath of the Flavor

October 14, 2046

Ray takes a chocolate chip cookie from the metal container. He is about to eat it until Yuugo coincidentally enters the dining area and speaks, "It's unusual for you to eat those things."

The twelve-year-old boy lowers his arms as he casts his eyes unto him, narrowed. "It's none of your business." Then, he starts to eat and crumbles it within his mouth. 'This is so bland.'

"Ray! Yuugo-san! Good morn—" Emma's greeting disrupts when she sees his friend, eating the familiar sweet. Her eyes swifts on the calendar and realizes something. "It's Abi-neechan's birthday!"

"Abi-neechan?" Gillian wonders in curiosity as she set foot in the place and sits on the vacant chair. The other kids are starting to go in the area one by one.

Emma nods her hair, eyes become gloomy. "Mm. She's Ray's closest friend." She sits beside Ray and says, "She shipped out at the age of 11."

"Oh." Everyone becomes silent on the tragic statement. Moments later, Yuugo breaks the silence by teasing him, "So, you had a girlfriend before."

"Yuugo, that's a sensitive topic to him." Lucas warns his friend but the latter neglects him and waiting for his reaction.

Ray's eyes bore unto him in such magnitude and then, the older guy astonishes when an unexpected sight has given to them. The ravenette boy plasters a cocky smirk and declares, "If she is still alive, I may have."

•••

A/N: Hi! It will have a bonus ending in October 14, because it's the protagonist's birthday!