Chapter Forty-Four: Welcome Home

Lilyanna

I haven't seen my parents in twelve years. I felt nervous when I went to see them again. Isabella drove us over to their house while I sat in the front, and Ariana and Nehemiah sat in the back. I keep asking Isabella all kinds of questions and I think she got a little annoyed with all the questions. We stayed quiet for a long time until Ariana spoke up.

"They would be a cute couple. Huh Isabella?" she said.

"Yeah your right. They would be."

"Are you talking about Jaxon and Michel?" I asked.

"No not necessarily," Isabella said.

"Then... who are you talking about then??" I asked.

"Come on you know. It's no secret," Ariana said.

"I have no idea what they are talking about so... don't ask me," Nehemiah said.

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked again.

"You know wink wink nug nug," Isabella said.

I couldn't figure out what she was saying tell later.

"Hey! No! There is nothing going on!" I yelled, "Not even for a split second!"

"Come on we saw the cameras. You two were holding hands," Ariana said.

"It was for a reason! Dr. Kimblee was going to take him and I was not going to let that happen," I said.

"Suuure... That's what you want to say but really you don't," Isabella said.

"Your talking about the Lieutenant Colonel?" Nehemiah asked.

"Yeah. You know which on," Ariana said.

"Yeah I know. No need to explain."

"Can we talk about something else...?"

"I guess so," Isabella said. "I wonder how mom and dad will react when we get back. Especially when they find out what happened to you."

"Yeah, I'll have a lot of explaining to do," I said.

"You giving back dad's gun?" Isabella asked.

"Yeah. Unless otherwise," I said.

Isabella pulled up to the drive way of the house. We got out and grabbed our bags.

"How come you guys are staying with us?" I asked.

"Family lives far from this place. Might as well just stay with you guys and catch up," Ariana said.

"I guess."

People started coming out of their homes and greeted Isabella.

"Colonel Yang? It's been a while!" the neighbor said.

I grabbed my things and started to walk over it Isabella.

"Yeah. And also, I'm now a General now," Isabella said.

"Oh a General. I'm sure your father will like to hear that," The neighbor said. "Who did you bring with you?"

"My sister and cousins," she said.

"Your sister? From twelve years ago?" She asked.

"Yeah I'm her sister from twelve years ago. Hi! The names Lilyanna Agustina Yang," I said, wrapping my arms around Isabella's neck. "Nice to meet you."

"Hello Ms. Yang. I'm Camilla Eva and I'm a doctor at the hospital here. I have to ask, what happened to your arm and eye?"

"I lost it twelve years ago when I was kidnapped. The fake president Dr. Blade Kimblee that took control for a week was the person that did this to me. These replacements were given to me. And I assume you see my cousin. They took his leg and eye from him during duty. I replaced those parts."

"Oh you make bionic parts?"

"Yeah. It's strange to see someone in this country with bionic parts. Selvia don't have many bionic mechanics," I said.

"Yeah. Well I'll see you guys around," Camilla said, waving goodbye.

"She's nice," I said.

"Yeah. She helps at the hospital here. She has even helped our father," Isabella said.

We walked up the path to the house. Isabella opened the door with her keys and we walked inside. In front of me two people were sitting on the couch. They got up and walked over to us. The woman raised their hand and placed it on the side of my face. The man came over and smiled.

"Lily... it's been a long time. We missed you..." the woman said, hugging me.

The man hugged me as well. I hugged them back.

"It's nice to be back, isn't it mom and dad..." I said.

__________

We sat down on the couch. It has been twelve years since I seen them. They haven't changed a bit.

"What happened to your arm and eye?!" My mother asked.

"When I was thirteen they took it from me. Shot in the eye and my arm was sliced off. I learned how to live with it though," I said, laughing nervously.

"Yeah that's how you are. Always up for the challenge. What happened to you Nehemiah?" My dad asked.

"Lost my eye and leg during duty. They captured me and tortured me," He said. "Lily replaced them for me. She made these."

"Did she now. Is it the same with your eye and arm Lily?" My mother asked.

"It was given to me at first then I made my own modifications and I had to fix it myself," I said.

I hand my gun to my dad.

"I took this from you twelve years ago. Sorry about that," I said.

"Keep it. It has done a good job at protecting you. I was going to pass it on to you anyways. I got myself a new one when I found out that it was gone," My dad said.

"By the way. My team and myself was ranked up by one," Isabella said.

"Oh so your General Yang, Colonel Xiong, and Major Yang now. What about you lily?"

"I'm not in the military so I don't have a rank. We were awarded medal of honors, medal of freedoms, and Purple Hearts as well. I was given the medal of science and technology, and innovation," I said, grabbing the case.

I handed them the case.

"Medal of technology and innovation and medal of science. And the three of you got Purple Hearts. Ariana you got a Medal of Honor. You also exposed a corrupted leader from Olandia. I'm happy to know that my daughters, nephews, nieces did something good," My father said.

"We knew that you would overcome this and find your way back Lily," my mother said. "But now what are you going to do?"

"I have decided to start a company for bionic limbs. They will be given to people that will need new limbs. Also the president has given us a job in the military so I can do that part time, training new recruits. I am also able to go on missions for the military," I said.

"We are happy that you made it home safely and happy that you have already have an idea on starting again," my father said. "Welcome home."