Chapter: 03

[Source: Instagram]

            [Source: Instagram]

"So, Mr. Assistant Professor. Where would you like to go to celebrate?" Nandini asked, walking in the corridor with Abhimanyu by her side.

"Well, a celebration definitely involves ice-cream. So, Ms. Student, would you like to accompany me to the cafeteria?" Abhimanyu asked, forwarding his elbow to her. Nandini laughed and linked her arm with his.

"Why, definitely I would, Sir!" Together they walked into the cafeteria and ordered ice-creams for both of them.

"Still stuck on Vanilla, huh?" Abhimanyu asked, scooping a bite of his mint Choco chip ice-cream.

"Don't hate on my Vanilla. It's the best thing. So basic, yet so social." Nandini stuck out her tongue at him and shoveled another big bite in her mouth. Abhimanyu shook his head at her childish behavior and looked around. He noticed some people staring at Nandini and whispering around.

"Ignore them." Nandini muttered without lifting her gaze from her cup.

After they both had finished their cups, Nandini said, "Come with me." She took him to the college garden. Sitting on one of the stairs, she gestured Abhimanyu to sit down next to him.

"There is this guy in college. Manik Malhotra." A hint of smile appeared on her face when she took his name which didn't go unnoticed by Abhimanyu. And then she briefed him about her and Manik's story. He didn't interrupt her even once, just kept observing the emotions that flickered across her face. After she stopped speaking, both were quite for a moment.

"How is he like, as a person?" Abhimanyu questioned. Though he was really angry on the guy he was yet to meet, he didn't show it on his face so as to not affect his sister's judgment.

"He's arrogant. He's short-tempered. He's a monster." Nandini huffed out.

"But he's also caring. He's also vulnerable. He's also broken. And he's also a great friend." Nandini spoke up, after a moment just as a tear slipped out of her eye which she wiped with the back of her hand.