Chapter: 08

It was not even two in the afternoon and Nandini was already tired

It was not even two in the afternoon and Nandini was already tired. The day's happenings had taken a hard toll on her. Worrying about Navya and all her conversations with Manik proved to be really exhausting and all she needed now was a good nap to relieve some of the tension.

Just as she was about to exit the college premises, she was interrupted by Dhruv who had come running behind her. He took a few seconds to catch his breath.

"Where are you going, Nandini?" He asked.

"Home. Did you need something?" She literally had no energy left to converse with anyone but she couldn't be rude to Dhruv.

"No, yes, uhmm, kinda. But first, tell me what happened to you?" He asked peering in her eyes holding her by her shoulders.

"Nothing, Dhruv. Nothing out of the usual. Harshad angering Manik in some way, Manik trying to murder Harshad, just a regular day." She replied sarcastically.

Dhruv didn't know what to say because he knew nothing about Manik- Harshad fiasco. Of course, he knew Manik wouldn't let Harshad get away for beating up Cabir but a murder attempt? He couldn't believe Manik would do this before telling him first. Also, he was confused about the changing equations between Nandini and Manik that he had observed over some time. But he couldn't hold onto his doubts as he was himself in a similar situation. Apart from Nandini, he knew that he felt something different for a girl he had known since long.

Putting aside his qualms for a moment, he focused on Nandini, "Calm down, Nandini. Don't worry, I'll talk to Manik. Okay?" Nandini gave a little nod to him although she knew Manik wouldn't listen to anyone, probably.

"I wanted to ask you something important." He started after a few seconds of silence.

"Will you go on a date with me tonight?" He asked nervously yet hopefully. Nandini was a little shocked upon hearing his question but she knew it was coming sooner or later. And she knew couldn't say 'no'.

Seems like she was saying 'Yes' to a lot of things these days!

"Yes." She answered with a slight smile.

"Great!" Dhruv was a little overjoyed. It was kind of his first date and with the girl he thought he loved. What could be better than that?

"So, I'll pick you at 7 for dinner." He informed her. She nodded at him and the pair stood there awkwardly not knowing how to act or what to do next.

"Yeah, okay. See you later." Nandini broke the silence and waved at him before turning around and walking away.