Chapter: 12

WARNING: This chapter contains topics of depression and suicide. Kindly refrain from reading this chapter if you're easily triggered.

Standing by the windowsill
Feet ten storeys above the ground
Gazing at the shining stars
I ponder.

What if I just let go?
What if I just let myself fall?

Releasing even breaths of air
Brain clouded with thoughts
Heart heavy with emotions
I wonder.

Would anyone care?
Would it make a difference?

Focusing on the cars passing by
Arms crossed across the chest
Teeth biting into the inside of the cheeks
I perpend.

Am I that brave?
Am I that cowardly?

andthatsjustmyself

The next morning couldn't roll out faster for two souls far away who had spent the night tossing and turning in their respective beds

The next morning couldn't roll out faster for two souls far away who had spent the night tossing and turning in their respective beds. Although they were miles apart in physical presence, they couldn't be more closer to each other in thoughts. Through open eyes, both of them had jogged through their plenty-but-not-enough memories, both good and bad, the ones they couldn't help but hold onto dearly.

At nine in the morning, Manik walked down the stairs from his room after freshening up. He had spent the better part of the morning lying on his back in the pool.  His mother, Nyonika, was nowhere to be seen, not that he cared anyway. Adjusting the sleeves of his cream sport coat on his arms, he was about to step out of his house, when he was stopped by the butler.

"Sir, this letter came in the mail for you a little while ago." He stated handing over a white envelope to Manik. Manik ripped off the envelope seal and took out the papers enclosed within. Unfolding them, his eyes began to skim over the lines as his expressions changed from blank to furious and ending with something akin to mockery. 

"Harshad! Harshad! Harshad!" He snorted as he remembered what he'd done to the man the previous day. 

Shaking his head, he decided to visit Cabir in the hospital first, not that there was anything important for him in college. Sure Nandini would be there, but then Dhruv would be there with her too and he didn't want to see the couple together, first thing in the morning.

 Sure Nandini would be there, but then Dhruv would be there with her too and he didn't want to see the couple together, first thing in the morning