VII

VIII: Still a Princess

~*~

The rest of the ride up to my floor consisted of pointed looks and sarcastic shrugs between me and Ash. Half way up, my beautiful dress from the parade became uncomfy and scratchy. Discretely i scratched my leg,

"Is it really that bad." Ash asked, raising his eyebrow with an amused look. I smiled sarcastically, listening to the elevator door ding. I waved at Ash, slipping out of the door and making my way quickly toward the penthouse.

When i entered the penthouse, Bradley and Taffi were sat at the table talking about particular things we would need to know. Presuming i already learned it all from my trainer Atala i decided to look around quickly. I sent a quick wave to the both of them before walking down the corridor to my left. There were two bedrooms and an on suite for both of them. Pushing the door on the left side of the corridor open, i took a few steps in.

Straight away i spotted Bradleys bag on the large kingsized bed in the centre of the right wall so i presumed the other room was mine. Bradleys room was nice, but it was a bit plain. The remote controlled window currently had a dark forests view, matching the grey furniture and bedsheets. I retreated, closing the door gently behind me and walking only a couple steps to presumably my room.

I trailed my fingers across the crisp white walls of the corridor then clicked the door open quietly.

The room was basically the exact same as my bedroom from the mansion, only it was a little smaller and the wardrobe was a little less full. My fairylights and rose patterned bedsheets were here though. And the remote controlled window had the same view i could see from my bedroom window. An avox stood at the side of my bed, placing a pair of white velvety pyjamas on the bed. I watched the girl leave and quickly stripped. I changed into the comfortable clothes, leaving the dress on the floor as i left the room.

"What are we talking about?" I asked, picking up a bowl of fruit from the large mahogany table and sat down beside Bradley. I decided i wouldnt interact too much with the boy, i didnt want to gain any particular sympathy for him, i needed to be able to kill him with the least nightmares. If the time came.

"We just finished Atalas script on survival instincts, now we are going to have a chat about the other tributes."

I nodded, "ill join you."

So, we did just that. We talked through district twelve, and how they seem levels more challenging than usual. District eleven, whom both tributes will be just as hard to kill as each other. District ten down to three, which were all as equally odd and brave in their own ways. And now, we were on to the career tributes.