XI

XI: Tributes and Tiaras

~*~

"Ladies and gentlemen! Your master of ceremonies, Caesar Flickerman!!" I rolled my eyes at the over dramatic game-show like edge to the interview start.

The previous night still lingered on my mind, Clove and I's change in attitude to each other seemed odd. Its even closer to the games now so why are we being so nice?

"Thank you! Thank you!" Caesar waved on the first thank you, bowing on the second.

I had a weird morning too, Bradley and my mentor were no where to be seen and i ate my breakfast with my stylist and escort in silence as they gave me worried looks. Eventually my escort broke and told me, Bradley had decided on training alone and more often. It wasnt the slightest bit worrying for me, a day away from the games.

"Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to the seventy fourth annual Hunger Games!" I sighed, massaging my temples. Ceaser was a nice guy, but this really was a reality tv show gone insanely wrong.

The crowd cheered and applauded, the music going along with it to deafen us.

"Now, in about five minutes, they're all going to be out here. All of the tributes that you've heard about." The tension in the silence was uncanny.

"Are you exited? Let me hear it!" The crowd screamed even louder, if that was possible, and clapped even harder thus breaking the lovely shortlived silence.

Caesar chuckled and sat down again. I spun around in my interview dress, breathing in the comfort.

"Gorgeous snowflake, absolutely gorgeous! You're going to make the boys drool." Ash winked. Boys? I was becoming unsure.

I told Ash last night about basically everything from meeting Clove to actually having a civil conversation on the roof. He sat, swore itd be a secret and listened intently. He didnt say much, just let me ramble.

I was clad in a long white, sleeveless and strapless dress. On the long skirt of my dress there were white and black roses covering it. The skirt was cut at the front, like a water fall. The top of the dress was white, a tight corset type of chest that had intricately designed folds.

My hair had been loosely curled, a white headband seperating a few front pieces from the rest. I looked beautiful.

I had black heels on, a white rose on the side of each.

"So, have you got this drilled? Be yourself, sarcastic and your funny dark humour and don't forget a few smiled okay?" Ash smiled as I nodded and he hugged me.

We walked out of the small room and wandered through a few corridors before Ash pointed to a door. I walked through the door alone, my eyes meeting twenty five other tributes. I stood in the line of people, me and Bradley at the front.