X

X: Aquainted

~*~

The next day was a slight bit nerve racking, It was the day we were privately watched by the gamemakers and their little party and we were scored. I felt as though i had an advantage as i was a part of them, well i was above them too. So i felt id get a decent score either way.

I had been forcefed that morning, alongside a tired Bradley. Once the stylists had finished with us we looked ready to go, but mentally we were a little slow on that part.

But now, around a half an hour later we sat beside each other in the small waiting room made for the Capitols tributes in silence. Bradleys breath was quick paced, like he was worried. I ran over the things my mentor had drilled into my head that morning.

"Make sure they remember you."

"Use the knives, the bow and the spear."

"If you have any more time, use the axe too."

"Make a statement, Callista."

"Your life depends on this moment."

I gulped slightly, attempting to calm my slight nerves,

"Clove Kentwell!" The speaker announced, I heard district twos gate open before her boots clattered against the metal floor.

I sighed slightly, she was one of the only challenges here. Hopefully id beat her.

**Cloves P.O.V**

I sat, my knee bouncing, inside of the room. Cato seemed chilled, like he knew he'd get a twelve. Probably thought he'd get a twenty, hes quite the self absorbed guy.

I calmed myself by tapping on my knee in a rythm, i knew id get a good score im a career but i couldnt help the little nerves i got.

"You ready, Clove." I stopped tapping on my knee as Cato began walking over to me. I nodded with a smirk. I was going to ask him if he was but the speaker interrupted me.

"Clove Kentwell!"

The smirk didnt leave my face as I stood up, walking towards the gate. It opened slowly and i walked out arragontly toward the weaponry.

Callistas P.O.V

"Callista Snow!" The speaker sounded, I had been repeating my mentors words in my head for basically all of the past twelve districts. We went last, which i was glad about as i had plenty of time to run over the plan.

I stood up and took a deep breath, nodding at Bradley before i left through the gate.

The sponsors and game makers were sat, watching me intently as I strolled confidently toward the throwing knives. I was a capitol tribute, they were not going to ignore my presence.