05 | Answers Leading to More Questions

̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ・☽ ༓ ☾・  ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶  ̶̶̶̶

-- DAY OF THE FULL MOON 

"Hermione!" Bill exclaimed. "I didn't expect to see you here!" 

"Sorry if I'm intruding," Hermione smiled sheepishly. "There's just something urgent I needed to talk to you about." 

"Sure come on in," he gestured for her to enter the quaint cottage. 

The last time Hermione visited Shell Cottage was under worse circumstances; it was in the thick of the war, right after they'd escaped Malfoy Manor. 

"'Ermione! What a surprise!" Fleur said excitedly. Her last visit, Fleur was pregnant, and now she was juggling a rapidly growing Victorie in her arms. 

"Fleur, lovely as always," Hermione greeted.  

"So what is this urgent matter you wanted to speak about?" Bill asked as they all sat. "I have to admit, you've gotten me curious." 

"So," Hermione began, not entirely knowing where to begin. "I recently treated a patient who was mauled by a werewolf on a non-full moon night. And it appears that his wolf has gotten quite attached to me. The human and I don't have an entirely good history, but this divide between the wolf and human seems to be weighing on him." 

"That's strange," Bill remarked. "I was also attacked when it wasn't a full moon, and I don't even have a wolf." 

"You don't have a wolf?" Hermione asked in surprise. 

"No," he said a matter-of-factly. "I have wolfish tendencies, but I don't actually have a different representation of myself within me. I would assume that's why I don't transform." 

"Oh, that's quite interesting," Hermione pondered aloud. 

"The question is, how did your patient get infected if it wasn't a full moon?" Bill asked curiously. 

"Now that's the question, isn't it? He was bitten, and when it was clear there was a wolf side of him, we figured that confirmed the infection." 

"I'm sorry I can't be of more help," Bill apologized, "But since I have such a mild case of lycanthropy, I haven't bothered to look much into it." 

"It's alright." Hermione knew it was a long shot either way. 

As she made her way out of the cottage, Hermione suddenly remembered who she was supposed to meet for lunch, and the thought came with its own epiphany. 

 ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ・☽ ༓ ☾・  ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶  ̶̶̶̶

-- POTTER COTTAGE 

"Hermione!" Ginny exclaimed, peeking her head out her bedroom door wrapped in nothing but a towel. 

Hermione had apparated to Potter Cottage in a rush after visiting Bill. Harry and Ginny had bought the Potter's old home in Godric's Hollow and completely renovated it to make it their own. 

"Hi Ginny!" Hermione called out. 

"I thought I was meeting you at the hospital this afternoon?" Ginny asked confused. 

"I have some wolf issues I need to talk out." 

"Oh wow, have the hots for wolfy Malfoy already?" Ginny smirked.