19 | Epilogue: Dramione

I don't think anyone (including me) was ready for this story to end the way it did.
Soooo.... SURPRISE! 
~Rated M! Read at your own discretion! 

 ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ・☽ ༓ ☾・  ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶  ̶̶̶̶

-- 1 YEAR LATER

"How in the world did you get the little bugger to sleep?" Harry asked them, his jaw dropped.

He grunted softly when his wife elbowed him in the ribs, looking at her with a scowl.

"Thank you two," Ginny rolled her eyes at Harry before turning to the pair. "It was nice to be able to have a night to ourselves."

Ginny watched her best friend, Hermione, lean back into the warm embrace of her now-husband. Draco had his arms snaked around her waist, his head resting comfortably on her shoulder as he amusedly watched Ginny bully his partner. They'd offered to take James for the night so Harry could take Ginny out for their anniversary. Still being newlyweds, Ginny almost insisted against it, telling them they could easily ask the Weasley matriarch; Molly so loved coddling baby James. But Hermione and Draco had both insisted, claiming they were going to demand their rights as the boy's godparents.

They'd had him for almost four hours, and both Ginny and Harry had warned them on separate occasions what a Cornish pixie their child could turn into when it was bedtime. Yet to their utter shock, James Potter was knocked out cold at the center of a ginormous bed, surrounded by a fort of plush pillows to make sure he didn't accidentally roll off in his sleep.

"It's all him," Hermione confessed, gesturing to Draco. "I don't know how he does it, I think he hypnotized Jamie."

"Oooh so you have the magic touch with the babies now, Malfoy?" Ginny quirked an eyebrow teasingly.

Draco snorted indelicately. "I don't know about all babies, but certainly my own godson. Didn't you know? Malfoys are the best at whatever they do."

"Hmm," Hermione laughed shortly. "Don't remember you being the best when we were in school, but alright."

"Of course not, you were," he said obviously.

"Exactly," Hermione responded, looking at him as if he were missing the point.

He smirked down at her. "Well you're a Malfoy now, aren't you?"

Hermione rolled her eyes, relaxing back against him again.

"Oh please," Harry fake gagged. "Save it for yourselves."

Draco raised an eyebrow dryly. "By all means, Potter. We're just waiting for you to leave."

"Draco!" Hermione scolding him, elbowing him like Ginny had Harry not moments ago.

All four of them looked at each other for a moment before breaking into soft chuckles. Harry gathered James into his arms before holding out a hand to Ginny.

"Thanks again," Ginny said. She threw the pair a wink a second before she disappeared into a vortex as Harry apparated them away.

"That was fun," Draco murmured in his wife's ear, his thumb subconsciously drawing small circles on Hermione's stomach.

"It always is," she hummed contently. "Merlin, that boy is growing up so fast."

James had barely been crawling by the time Hermione and Draco finally decided to tie the knot. She'd wanted to wait until he was walking so he could be the ring bearer, but Draco was not having it. He refused to wait another moment before taking Hermione as his wife. They'd decided to take the traditional wizarding vows- the ancient ones. The irreversible ones.