16 | To Mate, or Not to Mate, That is the Question

Shout out to anyone that gets the Hamlet reference ;) 
Also, I know 🤗 this is the chapter we've all been waiting for *squeals* 
*** Rated M for sexually explicit content!  

 ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ・☽ ༓ ☾・  ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶  ̶̶̶̶

Hermione couldn't believe it. Those pesky Marauders had set her up! She trusted them! Okay maybe not Sirius or Tonks; she wouldn't put it past them to pull something like this. But she trusted Remus not to betray her like this. She'd hoped Lily Potter would be a bit more mature. 

But the portraits watched on gleefully. It wasn't often they got front row seats to such entertainment. The last time something like this happened was when Ginny told Harry she was pregnant and he'd promptly come into the tea room and fainted. 

"How much of that did you hear?" Hermione cringed. 

"Enough." 

"So..." she said awkwardly, shuffling back hesitantly. 

"So I have your answer?" Draco asked, his body taut like a bowstring. 

"I suppose," Hermione admitted. "But-"  

That was all the confirmation he seemed to need because Draco's eyes darkened a second before he started towards her purposefully. 

"Wait, wait, wait," she cried, moving quickly to put a coffee table between them. "What do you think you're doing, we still need to talk!"   

"You gave me your answer," he said frankly. "I certainly have nothing else to say." 

The raw hunger in his eyes made Hermione uneasy. He'd been so accommodating and slow up until this point, she wasn't sure if she could actually handle him like this.  

"But that wasn't meant for you to hear!"

He froze, looking at her in terrified uncertainty for a second. "Did you mean it, though?" 

"Well... yes, but-" 

"Do you want me?" He continued more confidently now, edging around the table slowly as if not to scare her. 

Hermione moved in tandem with him, maintaining the distance and table between them. 

"Of course I want you, Draco," Hermione said softly. 

"Then what's the problem?" 

"I- I don't know... I suppose I'm just scared..." 

"Of me?" His eyes widened. 

"No, of course not," Hermione denied vehemently. "I suppose I'm just scared of the uncharted territory. This is completely new for us. I never expected to find myself in such a situation with you." 

"You know I'd never hurt you, right Granger?" His eyes held hers meaningfully, imploring her to believe him. She nodded slightly in response. 

"You know I'd never make you do anything you didn't feel certain you wanted?" She nodded again. 

Before she could even blink, his inhumanly quick strides ate up the space between them and he was right in front of her, pulling her to him with an arm that snaked around her waist and the other hand that coiled into her hair. She'd expected him to sweep her into a tempest of passion, but he surprised her yet again. He merely held her, every inch of his body molded to hers, his forehead resting against hers, and his eyes closed as he just inhaled her scent.