Can we talk? Please?

The third summer vacation arrived really quickly. Taetae, Jimin, Janet and I kept in touch a lot. We met up at the park many times so we didn't miss each other much. Also, it was a relief to stay away from Mr Miserable for a while.

*Author's POV*

But what Y/n didn't know was, that Jungkook was miserable. He was confused AF after what happened about a month and a half ago.

*Jungkook's POV*

I was walking around the park, alone, thinking. I still couldn't get Y/n's words out of my head.
I didn't know what to believe. I didn't know what was the truth. There was only one thing going on in my mind;

"What exactly happened?"

Just then I heard laughter erupt from behind a tree. I tried ignoring that, until I heard Y/n's name. I recognized that voice. I decided to check out what and who. 

I slowly peeped behind the tree and found Joo hyun and her gang of friends talking. I listened.

"I can't believe you actually did that, Joo hyun!" "How did you manage to click it without being seen?"

Huh?

"Simple. I had my eye on Jungkook oppa the whole time. I saw him drag her away and I knew he'd do something stupid like back in middle school."

Wait.. .she took that photo? I listened some more.

"Back in middle school? You mean when he broke his friendship with Y/n?" Joo chuckled.
"You mean when I made him break his stupid friendship with Y/n?"

WHAT?!

"Seriously? You did that?" That diva flipped her hair proudly.
"Mm-hm."
"How?"

Yeah, how exactly?

"I knew that the only way to get him was to get rid of Y/n. And how to do that? Make Jungkook oppa see her as untrustworthy. When Jungkookie oppa was telling her about his problems and other secrets, I was eavesdropping on the tea. Then, I got a golden opportunity when Y/n was absent."

Now my eyes were blurring up.

"I went around telling everyone his secrets. That's how they became sworn enemies and I got my Jungkookie oppa."
"But, he avoids you a lot, doesn't he?"
Joo hyun scoffed, "Don't you know how Jungkook oppa is? He doesn't know how to express how he really feels. I know he loves me, deep inside."

"You are so wrong!" I shouted, coming into their sight. My blood was boiling and I wanted to chuck Joo hyun down a deep rabbit hole. They all jumped in shock at my sudden appearance.
"J-Jungkook oppa, I-" Joo hyun started stuttering. 
"Oh, shut up! I heard every single word you said. How could you do this to me? You made me lose my best friend! You made me turn back on my only friend! I really was stupid. You brainwashed me! You'll pay for this!"
I shouted at her and started walking away.
"You belong to me! She is nothing compared to me!"
I turned to her.
"I was only Y/n's, never yours or anyone else's. And, wrong, you're nothing compared to her."

I left with my mind in turmoil and regret in my heart.

I couldn't sleep at night. Tears always left my eyes. I couldn't stop crying no matter what. My mind only had one name being repeated; Y/n. I wanted to ask for forgiveness from her, but what I've done.. I don't think she'll forgive me.

*After 3 days*

I went to the Han river to get some peace of mind. I was the only one where I was. It didn't work much. The summer sun was slowly setting. I remembered how much Y/n loved sunsets.

Then I heard footsteps nearing me. I looked over to see who it was. Then, I felt like crying again.

*End of Jungkook's POV*

I wanted some fresh air and wanted even more to watch the sunset. So I thought, why not stroll along Han river?

I was listening to sweet songs while walking in the golden setting. There was almost no one along the banks, just one guy, far away, looking forlorn. It was really peaceful though. The breeze felt so nice after a long burning sunny day. I looked at the sky, cranes were flying in a triangular formation. The whole place seemed in sync with the sun. I found myself smiling at all this. I looked down again to see that forlorn guy looking at me. It took me a while to realize who it was. I averted my sight and went past him as swiftly as I can. 

"Y/n... " 

That made me stop. That was... weird. He'd never called my name so softly before. 

"Y/n, can we talk?"

I didn't want to waste my time on a person like him so I started moving forward. 

"Please....?"

He sounded... desperate. His voice was thick. I turned around to see Jungkook with red eyes and a red nose, which only happened when he cried. He's been... crying? 

"Why would you want to speak with me all of a sudden? And what happened to your voice?" "Y/n, I just want to talk. Please don't say no." Okay, he was pleading. That actually made me feel better. 

"Yeah. Sure," I said in a cold tone. 

He gestured for me to sit down beside him on the step. After I sat down, he kept quiet. After about 10 seconds in silence,
"So, are you gonna talk?" I asked him. I heard him sniffle.
"It had been Joo hyun all along, hadn't it?"
"What?" I was confused. 

"Joo hyun. She had been spreading all those things about me and all my secrets, not you. I have been brainwashed by many including her, haven't I?" 

So, it's that little stick in the mud that did all this...

"After all these years, I was blaming the wrong person. I guess I was too embarrassed to think twice."
"Well, at least now you realized I had done nothing wrong to you," I said. He nodded, head still hanging low.
"I mean, why would I even think of using you? Why would I think of using the only normal person in my upside down world for any stupid advantage?"
He looked at me with surprised eyes. I looked at him, his face showing how speechless he was.
"Yeah, you heard me; the only normal person in my life. Heck, you were my best friend! Even when you bullied me I forgave you, that is, until..."
I held my scar up for him to see. He was shocked. Bet he thought it was just a wound, huh?
"It... it became a scar?"
"The wound cut too deep. Yeah, a scar. Even more a reminder of how heartless you can be," I said, my voice almost cracking. Of course I felt like crying. 

It hurt then, it hurts still. 

"You didn't even notice me coming to school with my hand in bandages. You didn't even care. My best friend was taken away from me when I needed him the most."
Now my eyes were getting blurry.
"How can I-" 

I was cut off... by him hugging me tight.
I was stunned.  My hands were hanging mid air.

What he said next couldn't prevent my tears from pouring out.